My Koi Addiction....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Of course!
Addy. I know you do have some very beautiful shubunkins. I have tried to find some like that to no avail so I had to switch to Koi!
@CometKeith - keep it up and you'll need a new screen name!
That's so funny. I have actually given that some thought before, but the vast majority of my fish are still comets! Do they even let you change screen names and keep all your posts, likes, and conversations, or does that always start you back as a newbie? How does KohakuKeith sound? or even KiUtsuriKeith?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's so funny. I have actually given that some thought before, but the vast majority of my fish are still comets! Do they even let you change screen names and keep all your posts, likes, and conversations, or does that always start you back as a newbie? How does KohakuKeith sound? or even KiUtsuriKeith?
That would be up to the admins, I don't think you can change your name without losing all posted. You start over as a newbie, I think.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You should stay CometKeith, we'll just pretend it's an astronomy thing ...but you owe it to your koi to at least start a thread in their name! Something like "my KOI pond"
smlaughing4.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Gemma Ah you poor baby, there, there now View attachment 117436
Maybe you need an aquarium w/some pretty little butt wigglers to watch and feed View attachment 117437
If I thought it'd be good for the fish I would bring some indoor, I used to have several fish tanks...but after having outdoor pond I would feel bad keeping fish in a such a small place.
lol they're probably happy to have these few winter months alone with no human bugging them, it is I that can't stand the long time with no interaction, specially the new fish, I didn't even had the time to get to know them a little
smgoldfish.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
All 5 of my new koi ( in the new pond) are still doing good!
I miss feeding my fish....I'ts gonna be a long winter!:(
Hi Gemma. I miss my fish too :( Do you have any pictures of the new additions?
Okay. Here is a quiz. Here are two female Sanke that are both for sale. Both around 26 inches give or take a quarter inch or so and both born the same year, but different breeders. How would you compare the value of the two? Both the same or one more than the other and why?
q1030n002.jpg
q1030n001.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like the one with the black spots, but also I know knowing about koi. That is the one I would pick

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The whole world of koi is a mystery to me! Like @addy1 I prefer the second one, but the first one seems to have more distinctive, clean color lines. And I think black on the head of a snake is not desirable... maybe?

Are you buying one of these @CometKeith ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't know how to judge koi, I bought a Sanke two years ago, and like most around here (must be the water) it is now a Bekko so with that in mind I would choose the second one because it has more black even though I think the first one has a smoother white base.

Ask a Question