My Koi Addiction....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Audio...omg. you are bidding on another one too?? Stop! What are you going to do with them all? You will have another 4 this week if you keep it up. I'm afraid to click on any more because you are probably the high bidder on all of them!
You won't need to go to japan to buy any because you will have 100's or 1000's by the time you take that trip. You really need an intervention :)

Hahahaha!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm just starting out but am totally addicted. My flower beds have gotten out of control since this pond took over my life. These are my first fish and they are butterfly Koi. I have no idea what their fancy names are but now when I see a regular koi fish I just don't think they are as pretty as the butterfly ones. Perhaps I'm going to be a butterfly koi snob but they are just so beautiful! The way their long fins move when they swim is simply majestic!

Attachments

• IMG_5512.JPG
    IMG_5512.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5513.JPG
    IMG_5513.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_5514.JPG
    IMG_5514.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 141

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So are you saying I shouldn't buy this fish too?
s-l300.jpg

It's so pretty and I love it's colors! Also there is a very good sale on it right now. It's a Yamato Nishiki which is a cross between a Sanke and a Platinum Ogon.

STOP STOP STOP! Is that helping?

if you must be addicted, stick with the long fins, think of the babies you will need to cull, think of all the work of digging a new pond, the cost of the new filtration you will need............................. Let your new babies settle in, then watch the population explode next summer! you will have some pretty babies you won't want to get rid of................cheaper than another koi!
And think of all the plants that fish will dig up and destroy, you will be then posting how do I protect my plants.............then plants gone you will be adding big filtrations methods...............

STOP! STOP!

Get on Ebay and delete your watch list! Of course they want some sucker to buy the fish, that is why they post them!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Now Keith, what could be prettier than these easy care, long finned, beautiful Shubunkins?
I can ignore them, never test the water for that perfection koi need, plants and fish co-exist!

upload_2017-10-27_7-9-4.png

upload_2017-10-27_7-11-29.png

upload_2017-10-27_7-13-11.png

upload_2017-10-27_7-15-55.png

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm just starting out but am totally addicted. My flower beds have gotten out of control since this pond took over my life. These are my first fish and they are butterfly Koi. I have no idea what their fancy names are but now when I see a regular koi fish I just don't think they are as pretty as the butterfly ones. Perhaps I'm going to be a butterfly koi snob but they are just so beautiful! The way their long fins move when they swim is simply majestic!
Your koi are beautiful!
It took me years to get addicted, but that's cause I didn't know about the many different kinds I now want to own
I've already been outbid on one. Hopefully I'll be outbid on the other one as well.
can you post a link so I can see too?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Keith, If it were me, I would not buy another koi, this late in the season. Only my opinion, but I'd also stick to one source, or only a couple trusted ones, to buy your koi.

Casey LeFever, of NDK, is on KKoNA Face Book ( Koi Keepers of North America ) and is a trusted source....not sure if you're on FB....if so, it's a good group.

Of course, feel free to ignore this advice......but, you'll have all winter to dream of your pond and adding another next early summer :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That is one of the reasons to buy a higher quality fish--not a $1000 fish obviously--but maybe a step up from Next Day Koi or eBay.
Do you know a decen souce in bet
That is one of the reasons to buy a higher quality fish--not a $1000 fish obviously--but maybe a step up from Next Day Koi or eBay.
A step up sounds good, any suggestions?

Ask a Question