My new catfish pond construction

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
My nephew in Texas is building 2 50' ponds joined by a large stream. I'm looking forward to seeing those photos.

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. I didn't want a rock neckless because there are no rocks nearby, so I covered my edge with tan landscape fabric so it would blend in and the marginal plants (mug wort, Water celery, watercress, crepping jenny, wireweed) would grow over the Firestone pond liner.
I used a Craftsman rotary lazer level to get it level, if you use a mirror and a stick you can draw a line at your future water level then use a flat shovel to cut the line in.
The clear picture of the bottom I took to remind me what the bottom looks like % feet down, I wont see it again.
The picture off the back deck shows where i'm getting my catfish from Friday, Jandjaquafarms

The cactus picture is where I will set up my filter and stream

Attachments

• pond1.jpg
    pond1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 615
  • aquafarm.jpg
    aquafarm.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 585
  • Cherrytree.jpg
    Cherrytree.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 503
  • clear.jpg
    clear.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 607
  • edge.jpg
    edge.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 546
Reaction score

Attachments

• CIMG1737.jpg
    CIMG1737.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 413
  • CIMG1736.jpg
    CIMG1736.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 418
  • CIMG1734.jpg
    CIMG1734.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 444
  • CIMG1739.jpg
    CIMG1739.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 461
  • CIMG1740.jpg
    CIMG1740.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 432
Reaction score
those 350 gallon tanks are awesome. I'm always on the look out for a "free" one, because those suckers are sooooo expensive. They are the perfect height and width for a filter. Sweet!

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
nigil said:
Thats an awesome pond! Now I can show my wife and tell her thats the next new project....she'll kill me!

Hey Nigil, I showed my wife the pictures, and said, 'honey would that be great in our back yard'? I didn't get an answer, and when I turned around to see why she was so quiet, she wasn't there anymore. That idea is out. Darn it.

Happy ponding,

Reaction score
LOL! A pond spouse has a tough job. I will sit at dinner and talk to my hubby about filtration and gravity flow and fish eating and he can't be any more bored. He likes looking at 'em from the deck and hearing the waterfall and that's about it.

Reaction score
:lol:My wife loves the fish as well, until she finds out hw much I spent on the renovation....apparently calling it the final rebuild and using the phrase phase 1 turned her white, but at least she loves the fish!

Ask a Question