My new pond 3 months later

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Slowly but surely everythings coming together and I think I'm done (for now). Plants are growing and filling out the bare spots and my fish seem to really like it, as they have grown at least 3x's their size in the past 2 months (so I must be doing something right I guess). Water's clean and the algea is starting to take over my waterfall. Overall I'm pretty pleased with my accomplishment with my first pond!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice setup Lisa! I like how you built the blocks around the falls like that and your plants look great and your pond water is nice and clear. Cheers to cool Rocky trying to stay comfy :bowdown:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks everyone! Rocky is all better now as he's upside down on the daybed here beside me in the computer room. He just likes it inside better than out! lol and it's not even hot here today in Nebraska (bout 78 now). We just put the sod in around the pond about two weeks ago and it's finally taking hold. Thinking of getting a few more fish for playmates for skunk and goldie (and or saving a few more from the bait shop). There is a blue gill in my pond too (thanks to my oldest kid) and he doesn't come out much at all to be seen (but I caught him this morning as I thought he wasn't in there until I saw him).

Ask a Question