my new pond

Reaction score
i bought a house in jannuary and it had a pond trying to make it my own by changing the landscaping and a couple more fish

more pics to come

bzspe.jpg

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
With a little more planting along the edges to soften the rock
And as you already know A feel good color on the back wall

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I would find the rock with the color that you liked and match it

Reaction score
I agree. It really shouldn't be white. Needs to be something softer and more nature inspired. A taupe maybe? If it's in the red family, your japanese maple will get lost. And it's in the sage family, your pine will get lost. Has to be something neutral that will allow both those features to stand out.

Reaction score
That has so much potential. I think it should be a soft color (green or taupe) Also you could string line and start some type of climbing plant to cover the brick wall. That would give it a more natural fill.
Look forward to see what you come up with.
I LOVE your pond.

Reaction score
oh, that's a great idea! Maybe a trellis with a climbing vine, yes! Gosh there are so many good ones to use, too. That would look spendidly natural!

Reaction score
3qtkidz said:
That has so much potential. I think it should be a soft color (green or taupe) Also you could string line and start some type of climbing plant to cover the brick wall. That would give it a more natural fill.
Look forward to see what you come up with.
I LOVE your pond.

thanks so much...i went to lowes and picked out a nice color for the wall i forgot what its called already lol

and i went to the nursery to look for some climbing plants and i will pick that up next weekend...my wife bought a sundial thingy for the wall after i paint it...so by next sunday ill have some nicer pictures

still dont know whether to go with annuals or perrenials for that empty spot next to the weeping blue:confused:

Reaction score
stroppy said:
nice pond ...those fish are huge !!!

thanks!

yeah theyre pretty big...over the weekend i bought 2 japanese koi one bright yellow and the other blue and white...i am selling 2 of the other fish that i dont like to much

me and the fam want to watch a few of them grow from youngins

Reaction score
go with a mixture of both annuals and perennials, you can just put new annuals each year for a different look and a punch of color.

Can't wait to see your pics of how it turns out.

Ask a Question