my new pond

Reaction score
hi all im in scotland and have just completed my 1st ever pond which ive wanted all my life yeeehaaaaa.

Attachments

• jse_22032008088.jpg
    jse_22032008088.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 439
Reaction score
I know you said it before, but I forgot. How big size/gallons is your pond. I too have the same filter and pump setup as you. How do you like it so far and have you started cycling with fish yet??Or do you plan on fish?.......................Looks great though:icon_cool:

Reaction score
hi again,think pond is about 3000 litres,its hard to calculate as its shelved,filter and pump setup seem good so far. i need to bury the filter up to its head to hide the monstrous thing and setup a waterfall setup also. ive added plants over the last 4 weeks and now added 4 fish for the time being, i lemon goldfish,1 shubunkin,i golden orfe and 1 ghost koi all about 4 inches long,,i want to add rudd and a tench later on once pond is more mature with plants,,what size of pond is your filter running on may i ask? cheers

Reaction score
My pond is 1016/gal or 3846/liters. My filter is Laguna pressure flo 3200 and my pump is a Laguna max flo 2000. I did install a waterfall as well and really glad I did for the airation. I have 7 small koi in there. I'm probably going to change the filter over to a aquabead filter with in the next 6 months.

View attachment 63

Attachments

• Ricks Koi Pond.JPG
    Ricks Koi Pond.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 396

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
can you hide your pump behind your brick wall ???? your pond will never no the difference.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Very nice, what do they call the yellow/golden one left side on one photo and left bottom on the other? I have several and don't know what to call them.

Reaction score
You know what DD, they are just regular cheap koi my wife picked out from eastern nishigoi. She goes............. Get that grey one, and that yellow one, and that orange and white one and........., well you get the point. I had to talk her into getting rid of our jacuzzi that we used 3 times a year so I could build the pond, so I kind of had to let her pick the fish so she feels like she is a part of it too. They are already getting used to us though, almost eating out of our hands. We love this pond thing:banana:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Fine deal, gotta keep the women happy. I'm surprised you only used the spa that seldom. When I had mine, I used it all the time. Here we are Electric only. I have thought about bringing in a propane tank and installing one, but the cost of gas is making that hard to do.

I have a set of color plates that identify most Koi. If you are interested, I could send it to you. They are a series of JPG files and would have to be sent by email.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
No that is a Forum PM email which does not permit attachements.
You need to send me a PM with your email and then I can send you the color plates. There are about 28 of them.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
as long as the wife picked out the fish they got to be nice.

Ask a Question