My pond has an official Body Count.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This sounds like an amazing project, it will be hard graft but so rewarding, make sure you enjoy it
You have a fabulous attitude, I appreciate that greatly! Want to come help? I'll provide drinks and dinner for any and all volunteers!? ☺️

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
If flipping the house is your goal...ugghhh...i cant say what costs you will have to incur to get that pond to be an asset for the property. Tbh? Right now it looks like a hot mess. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I dont think waders would help if it's 12' deep :eek:

What do you plan to have in there?

Is this a natural clay bottom pond or liner or concrete pond?

I'm just thinking that if it's liner, it might be super expensive if you need to replace a liner that's big enough for your pond.

But since youa re from CO.... may be the 12' deep is needed so the pond doesnt freeze solid?
Ok, the 12' was a wee exaggeration on my part, I've found out it's more like 5' deep - still a LOT of water, since it's so huge!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would need flights and accommodation but count me in
I'm honestly not even joking. We have another house right around the corner that's currently between tenants (also in need of fixing, ugh!) where everybody could crash, and if we could somehow rally a 6-8 man/woman crew, we could make a relatively fun pond-party weekend of it! You are all officially invited... ✈️

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Dreaming of a friendly crew of experienced pond-people showing up (in hazmat gear) on my front porch, ready to tackle this crazy thing. Beer, bbq, maybe the neighborhood dads-in-a-band would play some music for us... It would be sparkly and immaculate at the end of the weekend, perhaps converted into a natural swimming pool!? We could be floating on funny animal rafts by Sunday evening... Yes, I'm absolutely living my pond-party fantasy here for a minute. Aaaaannnd, I'm done. Sigh. Back to reality.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I'm honestly not even joking. We have another house right around the corner that's currently between tenants (also in need of fixing, ugh!) where everybody could crash, and if we could somehow rally a 6-8 man/woman crew, we could make a relatively fun pond-party weekend of it! You are all officially invited... ✈️
Im sure CO is
Dreaming of a friendly crew of experienced pond-people showing up (in hazmat gear) on my front porch, ready to tackle this crazy thing. Beer, bbq, maybe the neighborhood dads-in-a-band would play some music for us... It would be sparkly and immaculate at the end of the weekend, perhaps converted into a natural swimming pool!? We could be floating on funny animal rafts by Sunday evening... Yes, I'm absolutely living my pond-party fantasy here for a minute. Aaaaannnd, I'm done. Sigh. Back to reality.
throw in some free tickets to a Broncos game and Im there! Lol! No seriously...pay some teenagers to dig. Damn kids getting lazier and lazier these days!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Im sure CO is

throw in some free tickets to a Broncos game and Im there! Lol! No seriously...pay some teenagers to dig. Damn kids getting lazier and lazier these days!
Oh my goodness. Teenagers. That's actually a stellar idea! Hmm. You guys are great, so many ideas!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Oh my goodness. Teenagers. That's actually a stellar idea! Hmm. You guys are great, so many ideas!
Haha! Ive hired them to cut a ditch to my local colvert. When I was a kid, we ran the neighborhood with a bucket, sponge and soap to wash cars! Put those kids to work!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Well.......if you're looking to sell the house, you'd probably be best to not invest money into the pond's restoration. Maybe you could consult with a few realtors in your area about how ponds affect resale values?

It sure is an architecturally interesting pond and setting :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The stuff popping up looks like iris, they have beautiful blooms

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
OMG that's really a gorgeous pond, or at least will be if you clean it up. Once you get the standing water out pumped out, I think you'll find it's mostly rotting leaves in the bottom making the stink.

Ask a Question