j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ruben I'd love to take credit for that lovely poem but it was not I that wrote it but the lovely Colleen from Canada who posted right above my post :razz:

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Oh my bad sorry

J.W Wrote:
Ruben I'd love to take credit for that lovely poem but it was not I that wrote it but the lovely Colleen from Canada who posted right above my post :razz:

Colleen the poet
and nice pics

Ruben

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thanks guys, glad somebody likes my little poem. I wright when in the mood, helps me relax, forget about stress, focus on the positive things. The pond does get me excited and winter is just another season to me. Got to be happy for what we have, and that includes winter.

Looks like lots of people stress over wintering their fish. Just want them to know it can be done, and you can still enjoy your pond all year round. Stop and take time to "reflect" on all nature has to offer... :)

Attachments

• IMAG2064-1.jpg
    IMAG2064-1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 262
  • IMAG2063.jpg
    IMAG2063.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 271
  • IMAG2061.jpg
    IMAG2061.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 291
  • IMAG2059.jpg
    IMAG2059.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMAG2058.jpg
    IMAG2058.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 286
  • IMAG2055-1.jpg
    IMAG2055-1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 261
  • IMAG2050.jpg
    IMAG2050.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 294
  • IMAG2048-2.jpg
    IMAG2048-2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 299
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I am one of the people who constantly look at my pond every chance I get. Not to stress over it, but to just to enjoy it. Right now, the 2 koi are huddled together under the slate shelf side by side. The GF and Shubunkins are scattered through out the pond. The babies are hanging around the plants. So quiet and serine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Same here primaraly in winter to take temperatures both water and air and to take a peak under the policarbonate sheets to see if all our koi are ok, looking for signs of anything untoward.
There is also regular maintenance to be done throughout.

Dave

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Good Morining to you SunShine!!
Right now it's almost plus 15 c, like a warm summer night!!! Hot wind called Chinook blew in overnight. I was just outside myself, checking on the pond, it,s still dark here at 5:50 am, but I turned off the pond lights. I have the green house door open and ran around outside in a T-Shirt! Nice to have the warm Chinook winds, very nice break from the cold icy fog we had all last week!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes, it's good to be checking everything in winter. Hot dry Chinook wind blowing pretty hard right now, raked more leaves last night, they were still wet from the snow we had last week. We have wind warning for today, so I'm sure the warm dry wind will suck lots of water out of pond, so I will top pond up later today after work and look for more leaves.

Fish were moving around pond last night. Should be nice day, even with the big wind, better than the cold!!

Reaction score
This has filed me with some hope. I'm preparing for our first winter. All my fishes are at the bottom, all snuggled together lol.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well sometimes you just got to look at things "in a different light", they you will see what was right in front of you the whole time.
Last week, had to drive to Calgary threw heavy fog, to take my sweet pea for more "torture" at the clinic. When I got close to Strathmore, I passed this really nice natural pond, it looked so peaceful and quite. Ducks were all gone, not a ripple in the water, banks lined with tall yellowed grass clumps. There was a big old dead tree stump sticking up from the water, with fog in the distance. Somehow it just looked nice. I should have stopped to capture the moment, but it was still so foggy and I was scared to stop on the side of road in case someone behind could not see me there and run into me.

So you will just have to settle for "this afternoon by the pond" .....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had a nice afternoon by my pond and we even got some sunshine to lighten up the mood of the fishies and me!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well sometimes you just got to look at things "in a different light", them you will see what was right in front of you the whole time.
Last week, had to drive to Calgary threw heavy fog, to take my sweet pea for more "torture" at the clinic. When I got close to Strathmore, I passed this really nice natural pond, it looked so peaceful and quite. Ducks were all gone, not a ripple in the water, banks lined with tall yellowed grass clumps. There was a big old dead tree stump sticking up from the water, with fog in the distance. Somehow it just looked nice. I should have stopped to capture the moment, but it was still so foggy and I was scared to stop on the side of road in case someone behind could not see me there and run into me.

So you will just have to settle for "this afternoon by the pond" ..... notice how the light shines different this time of the year, and casts strange shadows over the pond, with the sun so low on the horizen.

Attachments

• IMAG2125.jpg
    IMAG2125.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 253
  • IMAG2120.jpg
    IMAG2120.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMAG2135-1.jpg
    IMAG2135-1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMAG2106-1.jpg
    IMAG2106-1.jpg