addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The little ones take a lot more watching than the big ones.

We had missy on a sand bar, she was running and playing, next thing we knew she ran full tilt to the end, dove in the ocean and swam to shore, shocked both of us. She swam well, good form, nice stroke..............lol
Then of course had to roll in the sand, sea weed, spongy stuff to dry off.................whew...............stinky

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now you know she can do it so you can rest a little more easy addy. She likes it! She's so little tho who knows what's out there lurking to attack her.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We never have her off leash, unless it is in a contained area, no hawks, owls, fox, etc................She is too fast and to much of a hunter, something moves she wants to get it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep got to protect your baby. I don't think of owls or hawks getting a little pup but bet they can. We have always had big dogs.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We get some really big bald eagles down by the river this time of the year, they pick off the ducks and geese that sit on the ice for food. Then there is lots of fast hawks too and I have to be very careful, one quick swoop and she would be gone high in the air. Poor little Rio, she loves to run out there, I will have to get her a stretchy leash cause she is fast and wants to run with the big dogs but I am very afraid for her.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I almost lost one of my yorkies up in colorado. I was walking them down the road, snow on the ground, She had gotten a little further out than I liked. So I threw up my arm and called her back. As I threw up my arm, the movement scared off the eagle that was diving right over my head, heading for her. Be careful, Colleen, they are fast.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes I sure will be carefull Addy, she is my little baby and we are so madly in love with the sweet Rio, my hubby would be so devastated if anything happened to her. You should see him with her.... I think he gave birth to her!! ha ha ha!!

OMG It is looking a lot like spring by my pond these days!!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh I got the stretchy leash and new harness too, but of course she hates it!!
So did my pup, but now she knows the leash is on before we step out of the house. She won't walk out the door without being hooked up.

Get some treats, put it on and give her treats. Walk a few steps give her a treat, she will get used to it. I have one of the 26 ft retractable leashes and a harness. That way she never pulls on her throat.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She gets excited if I have had the harness off and am putting it back on her, that means to her a walk! and if I pick up the leash she starts dancing in anticipation for a walk.
We leave the harness on her all of the time, only removed for baths, that way easy to hook up for elimination runs.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Colleen I caught her running full blast, her ears do the cutest flop forward when she does.

missy1.JPG

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
What a darling little puppy Addy! She looks like she is all smiling and happy!

I will have to work on little Rio with her harness and leash. She love to run really really fast so right now she just chases the puppies in the back yard. Last night the Gremlin came out of little Rio and she was running full bast all threw the house well after midnight! She likes to run with her little squeaky toys in her mouth and chase some imaginary thing.

Ask a Question