Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would
IMG_0240_1.jpg
send you this colorful iguana............if I could catch it that is. To cheer you up

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very pretty and no needles falling from that tree. I like the little berries on it. Never seen one like that before. Wonder if it is a replica of a real tree of some kind that loses it's leaves and hangs onto the berries? It fits very nicely into your home w/all your crafty specialty things. I just thought of something, you would be wonderful at.............running a crafty/antique type store w/all kinds of creative items that you find out there in the real world. You fall in love w/all the nice things that you find and bring home to your own place and I bet you would be wonderful at it having a store of your own. It would be so warm and cozy feeling and you have such a nice personality to communicate w/people.
You could do all your little fairy/plant green house things and everything

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I keep the same ornaments every year. I like my tree to have lots of playful things like snowman, Santa, elves and toys, cause the tree just reminds me of when I was young and the excitement of presents. My mother had the worst wrapping, she was always in a hurry. I loved wrapping and turn shoe boxes into re-useable pretty "pre- gift wrapped" boxes that you can store all things Christmas in. They open and I have had these two boxes for years and use them to store Christmas cards and things.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My dad and I used to sit up and wrap presents so you would have no idea of what they were. Socks in tp rolls, a tiny gift inside of a huge box on and on. We would spend hours working on the gifts. My mom would grab a piece of wrapping and just tape it around it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like to use the Christmas gift bags now. It doesn't kill my back as much as when I wrap and I'm lazy too

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I spent 5 hours wrapping gifts this weekend. I love it. Christmas music on and eggnog in my coffee cup. I even wrap gifts for the dog and cat. Sometimes I consider wrapping the cat and dog as well. The hubby is big on the gift bags but I love the sound of tearing paper on Christmas morning. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We do the gathering of the immediate family on Christmas Eve now that the kids are grown and don't live at home. They do their own thing on Christmas day so they can tear away all they want while I enjoy my peace and quiet cozied up by the fire sipping my hot chocolate w/my hubby. Then we will go to my hubby's sisters for Christmas dinner. I will leave all the wrapping to the younger folks and enjoy being a bag lady :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are pretty lame at Christmas, no presents for anybody usually. We have zero family down here.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I am getting lame at Christmas too and only buy hubby his yearly allotment of socks and shirts. I get something for my mom and my favorite nefew. The others are busy and live away far. Vegan sister's quit Christmas and don't bother coming over anymore.

I cook turkey and my mom and nefew come down. I always have to work Xmas eve!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well Christmas is here and of course I am ruNing behind on life I have three days off for Christmas 25, 26 and 27th. Going to finish that greenhouse aND post some pond and greenhouse stuff for Christmas.

Now back to my work to death program of hard labor, break is over and I must get back to stocking the bakery selfs full of sweet treats, fresh baked buns and more. Very busy time for us right now. Will be happy when Christmas is here and then I can relax!

Ask a Question