j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep us too much warmer and loving it! My poor fish think Spring is arriving and are begging for food. Sorry not yet fishy's.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yesterday was the Last nice day of bright sunshine! It is very early Friday now, sun is still not up and I can see the thick fog moving in, supposed to be chilly today and that cold fog makes it even colder! Little Rio still snuggled tight in bed and I need a coffee now!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Still sunny here but pretty chilly now at 30f. Gosh your water is so clear!
I don't have to clean the prefilter during the winter. I took the core out so it would keep flowing pretty good and not much gathers on it. Too cold to be cleaning it for me. I'll put the center core back in when Spring arrives and give it a good clean then and put it all beck in.

Reaction score
Country
United States
As usual great video Colleen (y)

I was sitting at my desk (at work) and watching with the volume down low so as not to disturb others and all of a sudden your voice goes up calling for Rio. I'm like ooopps! As I look around and wait for someone to ask me what I'm watching :D

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
ha ha ha! Got to keep a constant eye out for little Rio, she was out back running around terrorizing the big puppies. I took little Rio to see her real mother two doors down, they were gone for a while, and was shocked to see that little Rio is almost the size of her mother now! I am starting to think Rio will be much bigger than her mother, and her head is bigger than her mothers too!

I have BIG Plans for spring! I am getting all excited and want to make another upper level addition to the ponds, kick out the little old garden fence and just take over the hubby's garden space!!! Ha Ha HA!! I will make more trails around the ponds, and have a new sitting patio right by the new upper pond that I plan to build. This upper pond will be dug down two feet or so, and then build up two feet. The patio will be right next to the build up new upper level, so while you are sitting right next to the pond, the little table will be just a little higher than the pond. It will be great for viewing and reaching out to touch the big koi!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have been secretly been plotting to take that space my hubby calls a garden, and transform it into something very relaxing and beautiful for years now. As soon as the ground is thaw, I will start the project. I do everything here in the yard, except hubbies garden stuff. He found new ways to garden at the very back of yaRd, where there is more sun.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Large doses of animal fat keep me going! Ha Ha HA! As long as I stay away from too much bread I am good, bread puts me to sleep.
I am so ready to get going on the yard, and I got spring fever BAD! Here Fat Little GrOund Piggy Piggy!!! Come out come Out, where every you are!!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
20150225_071017.jpg
Well I have been lucky this year, winter was not that bad considering last year was extra horrid and extra cold!

Right now it is 12 Fahrenheit (minus 11 Celsius) and I should go plug the heater back in to pond cause it is getting covered in ice. Cold weather won't last too long, and I really don't consider 12 Fahrenheit to be that cold.

Spring is still coming and not too far off now. I need to work on top pond and either fix a small Crack in liner on top edge of top pond, or just get new liner cause that liner is about 20 years old. I will most likely get new liner. Right now I have slowed the flow to top pond so water not leaking out the top Crack then. I am only running the one pump to top pond and let me tell you that makes a big difference on how much more ice there is. Less flow equals more ice and more loose algae!

Next week it should warm back up and then I should have three days off in a row, maybe I will get it sorted out then, if weather is nice.

Ask a Question