j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My double filters are working good too except I took the center core one out so it would not even have a chance of plugging up. Not in the mood to clean those in winter.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
hOLY cRAP!!! Radical Muslim Terrorists in Calgary Alberta!!! They tried to do a "Paris Style Attack" at night club! .... White car pulls up, one dark man exits the front passenger side and gets out and shoots a person in the nightclub and then two BRAVE bouncers tackle the terrorists down on the hood of the #white escape car.... THEN another dark man exits the REAR passenger door and tries to "rescue" his "muslim brother" BUT then COPS show up with guns drawn and arrest all three " radical muslims"!!!

Muslim terrorists!

Canada Calgary - Ten X night club shooting RAW CCTV - 2016 Jan 09
Muslims Open Fire on Popular Ten X Nightclub in Canada Mohamed Elmi, 31, and Mohamed Salad, 29, walked to the front door of the Ten X nightclub and…
youtube.com

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Updated
Shooting at Ten X Nightclub on Sunday described by witness
Bouncer says man walked up to front door and opened fire before being wrestled to the ground

CBC News Posted: Jan 10, 2016 9:05 AM MT Last Updated: Jan 11, 2016 12:07 PM MT

cgy-brown-shooting_2500kbps_852x480_2681611132.jpg

Play Media

Ten X Nightclub shooting 1:32

11255 shares
facebook-up.png

Facebook
twitter-up.png

Twitter
reddit-up.png

Reddit
plus-up.png

Google
share-up.png

email-up.png

Email
Early on Sunday morning, a man got out of a car in front of Ten X Nightclub, walked to the front door with a gun and starting shooting into the bar.

Police have charged two men in relation to the incident on 10th Avenue S.W. which sent a 38-year-old man to hospital with serious injuries to his torso.

Spencer Wallace is a bouncer at the bar and was standing mere feet away from the gunman.

"Out of nowhere, we had a little bit of a break in people coming in and I'm standing right by the front door. If I'd been standing two feet in front of where I was standing, I could have been shot, I could have been killed today," said Wallace.

"I turned and I see the guy catch it right in the chest. He drops."

ten-x-shooting.jpg

The scene inside Ten X Nightclub after shots were fired into the bar on Sunday morning. (Spencer Wallace)

According to Wallace, one shot entered the bar and the shooter squeezed off two more while wrestling with front door staff, but police say several shots were fired into the club.

"Two bouncers that work out front, I'm not going to name them, but they grabbed this guy immediately," he said. "They pounced on him. Those guys are heroes and they deserve nothing but praise, they stopped this from being so much worse."

Quick police response
Police from the gang suppression unit happened to be across the street from the bar at the time of the shooting and were quickly on scene, taking the shooter and an accomplice into custody.

"A passenger in the vehicle attempted to assist the shooter and was able to leave the scene before police arrived. His identity and whereabouts are unknown," according to police.

A third person in the car was arrested along with the shooter and has been charged.

Mohamed Elmi, 31, and Mohamed Salad, 29, both of Calgary, each face the following charges:

• Attempted murder
  • Discharge firearm with intent to endanger life
  • Unauthorized possession of a firearm
  • Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a vehicle
  • Possession of firearm with altered or defaced serial number
  • Aggravated assault
  • Pointing a firearm
Cocked hammer
"I saw the kid that did the shooting. I saw him face down in the snow with an officer on top of him and the gun that he used sitting on the pavement," said Wallace.

"I had a police officer tell me to move from where I was standing because the hammer on the gun was still cocked back and they didn't know how sensitive the trigger was."

'I'm quitting this forever'
Police continue to investigate the shooting, but Wallace says he's done with his time as security.

"I just do this on the weekends for extra cash. I have a day job and I am never putting on a security shirt for the rest of my life," he said.

"I'm done, I'm done forever. It's not worth it. It's not worth getting shot over. I'm not doing this anymore, I'm quitting this forever."

Hours before the nightclub shooting, a man reported that he had been shot in the leg by a passing car in the 5500 block of 8th Avenue S.E. The victim in that shooting was known to police and taken to hospital in non-life threatening condition.

The victim in the Ten shooting is expected to survive.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Awe! You flatter me JW! I'm just happy to share my pond with everyone. Spring is coming and ponds had no ice almost on the upper three ponds today. Heater not plugged in cause its been very mild with temperatures just around freezing. ..

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I always tend to get excited about spring in January. Can hardly believe that it's the 15th of January already. Time to start thinking about seeds and getting that going soon. On my lunch break right now at work. I think I'm going to ask for another week off this spring.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am going to need to reseed, it has been so warm the spring flowers sprouted now they are frozen. Have so much catching up

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I reseeded my lawn and it came up really nice so hoping it spreads more to cover bare spots .The banana plants started to grow because of all the warm weather so hoping they will be OK .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My banana trees are chopped off now and all the leaves gone. The stalks are still tall at around 8ft or so. I will leave them standing and hope the insides don't freeze all the way to the bottom. They would have to start all over from the roots in Spring then. At least they live tho even if starting all over from way down low.

Ask a Question