sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine died back from the frost but then it got warm here and they sprouted new leaves from the top .I planted some out back by the decks also .I took a lot of babies out when they were growing and gave them away but I did keep a couple and put them in the basement also .I looked today and they are growing yet and so are the water hyacinths

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Those babies are hard to dig up if you wait too long. I dug one up for a friend and boy was it hard to get it up.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put lots of bags of sand in the soil so they are not hard to dig up .I read about doing that online and the lady I got mine from also told me she did that .They are still a little hard to dig up since they are so close together and I don't want to kill the other ones .I added 5 bags of sand in the soil on each of the 2 plants
I originally planted

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We have sandy soil, in places like the beach but yes mine are pretty close together and the roots were entwined. Managed to get the little one out and not hurt the big ones. I moved one to another part of my yard too. Love those Banana trees. Too bad they don't produce edible banana's.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I broke one of the big bananas off this summer when my shovel broke and just cut the rest ot the piece off and all that happened was it grew out the big part of the broken piece and the one that grew out from the center got even bigger than the one that was there .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
My fat little Rio"s going to have fun today cause WOW its unbelievably warm this morning!! The ice is almost all gone from upper ponds and everything is melting like crazy. Outside must be at least 60 degrees according to my thermometer but it feels like 70 degrees to me! Spring must surely be here!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's not nice to fool Mother Nature Colleen.................
................ look out cuz she may get you back soon

Ask a Question