Mystery of dying goldfish and other questions

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Dave 54 said:
You could also try Lithaqua its a calcified seaweed and works well and last a long time.
We gave up on the Crushed oystershell as it is qrite messy and can work its way through the mess of the bag you hold it in but we did use it for many a year till we found the calsified seaweed

rgrds

Dave
Thank you Dave,
My friend is going to bring the shell for me so I think I'll try that first. Everything is good when it's free :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
lol I'm hoping the feathers wont get clogged in the filter then :)

I take it that the shells wont be harmful to the water if the water already have high Ph, it'll jus help maintain for it to not go down to around 7, is that correct?

I now think that my strips gave me the faults reading from the begining and my water was not that of 5.5-6 - could be low but not that low. Then I just realized after reading some more that having untreated concrete in the water will also rasied Ph, which I didnt know and I do have a concrete block and bricks (probably half concrete block and 2 bricks) in the water, also the water touch some of the motar too (tried to breaks the ones that touch the water yesterday but the rain riased the water level to touch it again. Or the other option is to take out all that by rebuild the waterfall....that's going to be a pain...

I will need to learn how to decrease the Ph level just incase :)
It works by disolving slowly into your water thus the PH goes up to around 7-7.5 nothing to worry about there

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question