Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The hummingbird babies are flying ..................we have around 20 attacking our feeders. You can tell the babies they are very slender compared to the adults. The adults are grabbing food when they can.
They do aerial attacks "protecting" their feeder. I even hung another to try and slow down the attacks. They are a trip to watch! Have one huge feeder in front of the house and two in the back of the house.

• Love
Reactions: j.w

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Burd Well then let me try again...................................Well what'da ya know, there they are! Maybe it just took a bit to get them up and running as I was the first one there perhaps...................who knows, but very neat bug. Would be cool if we could do that throughout the stages of our life :smuggrin:

Ad

Advertisements

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I will try but those birds are flying so darn fast, barely sit and eat. Might try and get a quick video
What no cam on the hummers! Better get out your wiring and set er up so you can supply us w/all the goods from the feed o_O:joyful:

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hang a feeder rite by a table. Sit and shoot pics

The problem is the bees like the sugar water also and they are starving right now. We are in a dearth, i.e. no nectar flow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The problem is the bees like the sugar water also and they are starving right now. We are in a dearth, i.e. no nectar flow.
plant these things sorry i don't know the name but i tell you what it is LOADED with honey bee's wasps bumble bees you name it if i collects nectar these seem to be loaded. i had to use a towel to fan the flowers to get some of the feeders out of the pic.
SAJ_4154.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's insane i don't mind bees one bit i enjoy watching them do there work but holly bee. That's one flight path you don't want to get in the middle of or try to drive through on your bike. i can feel it now i'd look like quazimoto with all the bee stings in the face

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is a real pretty flower, it seems to be a bulb you plant.

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's insane i don't mind bees one bit i enjoy watching them do there work but holly bee. That's one flight path you don't want to get in the middle of or try to drive through on your bike. i can feel it now i'd look like quazimoto with all the bee stings in the face
If there is a good nectar source you will see that highway. We saw it when the black locust bloomed this year. Non stop flying to the south east from us. We put is ornamental grasses in front of the hives to convince them to fly up and over them. Now I can walk in front of the hives to get to the rest of the yard.

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We use around 1500 hundred pounds of sugar this time of year. I put out 200 lbs yesterday and it is already all gone. Back to costco!

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They're like "here comes that lady with the crazy sweet tooth!"
I get stared at when I haul out the sugar. I had 400 lbs on the cart, the rest will be used up tomorrow. Need to head back for more. Some do ask what the heck............the one check out lady knows me, she just says feeding time again!

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question