Nature & Wildlife Thread

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I normally don't share links, but this is too amazing not to share. Pileated Woodpeckers are pretty rare here, but this takes rare to a whole new level! A leucistic Pileated woodpecker has been seen along the Milwaukee River.

(Photo by Milwaukee Riverkeeper. @MKERiverKeeper)
9b45ad13-7eee-4cee-a12b-60f182f692ad-Leucistic_pileated_woodpecker_Feb._2020_Milwaukee_Riverke...jpg

Have a look at the article for more info:

Ad

Advertisements

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I put carrots, a pc of bread, sunflower hearts, and some lettice out for the deer. So far I haven’t seen them.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can have mine! We have a herd that winters over in our back yard. Anywhere from 6-25. Given up on any veggies growing in the yard.

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Last night I finally saw a buck, and a adult die was laying down in the the scrub on my property line. Something knocked the feede over. I didn’t see any of it though.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We watched a nice herd play in the yard yesterday, we counted 10 with a few yearlings that were running dancing chasing each other having a great time. Old mama's just watched

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Last night we saw 4 Does, they were very cautious of the new food. It’s funny watching, they took turns tasting. They can’t be starving, they don’t eat much. They saw us watching them, one came real close to see
A3C6FC07-48F0-41DE-97B8-732D1A4DF12C.jpeg

Last edited:

Ask a Question