Nature & Wildlife Thread

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wish I wish oh how I wish to be a fish!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We could learn a lot from Nature. The koi in the pond watch as a bag is placed at the edge of the pond they come over to check it out and as soon as the new arrival is let loose there's no quarrels they welcome the newbie regardless of color or size. bee' s all work together collectively for common goals. so who's the higher life form on this planet the ones who fight and quarrel over the smallest of things. or the honey bee or dolphin who work as one for the better of the pack

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I thought politics and political views were not allowed here @Becky ? If they are I will start posting them.
We all know who the person is we are talking about here and if insinuations about politics are allowed I guess I can post those too? It's obvious from your liking Jb's post that you and and I'm sure others don't like our president but can we all either post about him or just keep are views quiet about all politics including insinuations? Arguments can be started over political insinuations too ya know.

I have never allowed my personal feelings to interfere with my running of the site, I only liked JB's post because I thought it was a funny response (in the way that he made his feelings known without getting into politics). I delete all political posts I see, it just happens that 99% are from GOP supporters. That doesn't mean I have anything against GOP supporters, or that I'm pro-Democrat, it just means that GOP are seemingly more vocal here about their political views ;)

Can we forget all this and just go back to pond life?

I think that's a great idea :) We are all here because we love our ponds, so lets focus on that (y)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have never allowed my personal feelings to interfere with my running of the site, I only liked JB's post because I thought it was a funny response (in the way that he made his feelings known without getting into politics). I delete all political posts I see, it just happens that 99% are from GOP supporters. That doesn't mean I have anything against GOP supporters, or that I'm pro-Democrat, it just means that GOP are seemingly more vocal here about their political views ;)

I think that's a great idea :) We are all here because we love our ponds, so lets focus on that (y)

Today w/times so volatile even the smallest remarks today about issues can cause some strife. I don't like it but that just seems to be the way it is w/this new president. I just didn't see JB's post as funny but then I am into politics more than he is so I see all the back and forth from both sides on the news and Facebook,etc. I believe he was making his political feelings known even if he thought he wasn't. That's the way it came across to me. I don't know about GOP being more vocal here but out in the world and on the news the Dems are bashing our president like crazy so it's hard not to speak your thoughts on what you think is right. So in the future I suspect it would be best not to post anything that could even be thought of as political here. It's such a nice forum when we just keep it to ponding and I will try to not let these comments bother me in the future.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have re-read everything here and I am sorry @JBtheExplorer and @Becky for over-reacting.
Hope you will accept my apology
upload_2018-7-7_10-1-25.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
B

Burd

Last night he was sleeping there. So I put him in my Birds travel cage for the night in my house. Lol
Put him back early this morning, the mom saw me and slammed into my head. Lmao. Then a cardinal was checking out the whole thing.

B

Burd

I put a board on my site for those posts.
The Newsstand. I take a delete as a sucker punch. Be careful.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Last night he was sleeping there. So I put him in my Birds travel cage for the night in my house. Lol
Put him back early this morning, the mom saw me and slammed into my head. Lmao. Then a cardinal was checking out the whole thing.

That's crazy! :LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is Quackers as named by a special young lady. Who I believe to be one happy duckling no fence nothing keeping him at the pond. Priceless
pond at night (1 of 1)-5.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-6.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-7.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-9.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-10.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-12.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-13.JPG
pond at night (1 of 1)-14.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a