j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had a little young swallow in my garden shed yesterday and I tried for a long time to get it out. My shed has a big roll up door so there was plenty of light coming in to show it the way out. It just kept flying back and forth up near the roof. Gave up and just left the door open and came back later and still in there chirping away. Tried one more time and then finally the little thing saw the light and flew right out,whew!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
NOBODY DOES IT BETTER THEN MOTHER NATURE
SAJ_4993.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had a little young swallow in my garden shed yesterday and I tried for a long time to get it out. My shed has a big roll up door so there was plenty of light coming in to show it the way out. It just kept flying back and forth up near the roof. Gave up and just left the door open and came back later and still in there chirping away. Tried one more time and then finally the little thing saw the light and flew right out,whew!
You never know where you will run into swallows they have no problem being around man . i took this shot the other day in

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
perfectly safe on top of the cam watching for their safety!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
it's amazing how still a fawn can be they have two defenses zero scent. and ability to lie perfectly still

B

Burd

Today driving home in my neighborhood, a lady had this bug snapper in her driveway, he was over a foot long. I stopped and pushed him in a garbage can. We took him to the pond by my house. He swam away Lol
C751806A-E1A1-412A-8309-94F72E1DFE2B.jpeg

B

Burd

In general, larger turtles are older than smaller turtles. According to the Tortoise Trust, snapping turtles often reach about 7 inches in carapace length by the time they are 10 years old; by the time they are a quarter-century in age, they reach about 11 inches in carapace length.Nov 1, 2017

So it says. Lol

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yesterday was a fun adventure. I had never been to Kenosha's lakefront along Lake Michigan before.

One thing I had been wanting to see for a while is where the Pike River empties into Lake Michigan. I'm very familiar with the river. I know where it begins, and I hike four different areas along the river quite often, so it's great to finally see where it ends.

IMG_3602 copy.jpg

IMG_3614 copy.jpg

IMG_3622 copy.jpg

IMG_3623 copy.jpg

After that, I walked the recreational path two miles south to see Kenosha's lighthouses.
IMG_3666 copy.jpg

IMG_3715 copy.jpg

IMG_3718 copy.jpg

IMG_3668 copy.jpg

IMG_3682 copy.jpg

I was also surprised to see both the Wind Point Lighthouse and Racine Breakwater Lighthouse in the distance. Not really visible to the naked eye, but easily seen through my camera. The Wind Point Lighthouse, which is the taller one on the right is 14 miles north of where this photo was taken.
IMG_3727 copy.jpg

One cool thing about Kenosha is that they have electric streetcars from the 50's. The tracks go in a two mile loop around the lakefront. If I had more time I would've gone for a ride. It was fun seeing it go by.
IMG_3687 copy.jpg

Here's a pig playing a banjo.
IMG_3726 copy.jpg

After my four mile walk, I got back to the car and saw two guys messing around with power kites.
IMG_3773 copy.jpg

Not a bad few hours along the lake.
IMG_3754 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yesterday was a fun adventure. I had never been to Kenosha's lakefront along Lake Michigan before.

One thing I had been wanting to see for a while is where the Pike River empties into Lake Michigan. I'm very familiar with the river. I know where it begins, and I hike four different areas along the river quite often, so it's great to finally see where it ends.

View attachment 121804

View attachment 121805

View attachment 121808

View attachment 121809

After that, I walked the recreational path two miles south to see Kenosha's lighthouses.
View attachment 121810

View attachment 121814

View attachment 121815

View attachment 121811

View attachment 121812

I was also surprised to see both the Wind Point Lighthouse and Racine Breakwater Lighthouse in the distance. Not really visible to the naked eye, but easily seen through my camera. The Wind Point Lighthouse, which is the taller one on the right is 14 miles north of where this photo was taken.
View attachment 121819

One cool thing about Kenosha is that they have electric streetcars from the 50's. The tracks go in a two mile loop around the lakefront. If I had more time I would've gone for a ride. It was fun seeing it go by.
View attachment 121813

Here's a pig playing a banjo.
View attachment 121822

After my four mile walk, I got back to the car and saw two guys messing around with power kites.
View attachment 121818

Not a bad few hours along the lake.
View attachment 121817
You do get around Jb
Thanks for always sharing your adventures.

Ask a Question