JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just got back from a couple days camping. Here's a few photos now, I'll post more tomorrow:

My site had a great view of a lake and the setting sun.
IMG_7637.jpg

Had a good time canoeing, even if the weather cooperated only enough to get out there once.
DSCN6764.jpg

Also spent a lot of time hiking.
IMG_7604.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've taken photos of frogs, turtles, and snakes, but there's one creature I have spent years hoping to find. I finally got to photograph it today. In fact, according to DNR's range map, they don't even list my county in its range. I'll be contacting them to see if they are aware or if this is new information.

Spotted Salamander.
DSCN6878 copy.jpg

DSCN6860 copy.jpg

DSCN6863 copy.png

DSCN6881 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Is this a Blue Heron? It's been eating creatures on the pond edge for a few hours now. I am amazed at how fast it is, and how far it can reach when it strikes it's prey.
heronpicsept014.jpg
I would be running out there like a crazy woman with cymbals banging to scare it away from my pond!!! I love wildlife too but not hunting in my yard!! You should see me when my cat has a live chipmunk in its mouth!! And we are all deer hunters in our house!!

Reaction score
I've taken photos of frogs, turtles, and snakes, but there's one creature I have spent years hoping to find. I finally got to photograph it today. In fact, according to DNR's range map, they don't even list my county in its range. I'll be contacting them to see if they are aware or if this is new information.

Spotted Salamander.
View attachment 75714
View attachment 75712
View attachment 75713
View attachment 75715[/QU
Is that part of his mouth or is something on it? Very cool

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The herons here spook as soon as they see you move in the house.

Ask a Question