Nature & Wildlife Thread

B

Burd

FB430455-52A3-4953-8CE8-7969CF11F63D.jpeg
Waiting....

B

Burd

Only two birds checked it out, a tufted titmouse, a pair is here all summer, and a small woodpecker. I'll have to pour some on the ground. I still have my small feeder hanging,
I also ordered a baffle for a 4x4.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I either saw a Texas crow, lost up north a bit, or a juvenile bald eagle, or a golden eagle. Really big dark bird with bright yellow beak. The down side go traveling is I didn’t have time to get my phone camera up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
We drove into Klamath Falls yesterday, about 25 miles, half along Klamath Lake. The bald eagles were out in force! We must have seen at least 10, along with ravens everywhere and a few hawks. One thing really strange. On a big sprinkler system, in a stretch of about 6 feet, there were 3 birds ... bald eagle, red tail hawk, and a raven. I never would have thought they would have been all together like that!

B

Burd

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I picked up a new suet cage, last year the raccoons took my nice one, I never found it. Edison had tree trimmers out today, ya Sunday, too much noise, hard,y ant birds.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
As if to justify my dislike of squirrels, I got an e-mail this morning from my sister. It seems one of the ladies living in her seniors' complex had to get a mechanic (as well as the local fire department, by the looks of it) to extricate a squirrel's stash from under the hood of her car!
upload_2017-12-5_11-41-19.png

John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah poor things but if they keep coming back maybe they like the thrill ride? It doesn't appear to hurt them but look at that last guys tail thumping hard on the tree! He's pissed!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My dogs like squirrels. They think they are fun to chase. The cats chase them too! And since the cats can climb, well we don’t have many squirrels. Despite a big oak, several pecans, and I don’t even know what all the trees along the fence line are, we just don’t seem to have many.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
My dogs like squirrels. They think they are fun to chase. The cats chase them too! And since the cats can climb, well we don’t have many squirrels. Despite a big oak, several pecans, and I don’t even know what all the trees along the fence line are, we just don’t seem to have many.
Give me your address and I'll send you a dozen! :D
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Give me your address and I'll send you a dozen! :D
John
Blackwell Oklahoma! I’m sure the mail lady would love to deliver a bouncing vibrating box as it chitters and screams for freedom. Then I’d open it and watch the mayham! Squirrels flying away as dogs and cats jump for joy at the new prey!

Ask a Question