Need a quick waterfall

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
So putting my other project on hold (orders from the general aka the wife :lol: )

She wants another waterfall on the rocks to the left. Very little space back there. I tried a hose with some holes but it kept getting blocked with debris. Is there a pump/waterfall combo that allows small debris to pass right through? Its just there to run water over those rocks. I've got about 14 inches across and about 4 inches of depth to fit a small waterfall but not sure of what to use and the pumps I've found small enough all have grills that clog really fast.

Any alternatives would be welcome!

p.s. the current pump doesn't have the power or I would tie into that line.

2011-04-04_18-38-49_411.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A small submersible pump that sends water to your rocks? You could plump it so it would fill that 14 inch area with water that would then spill over. The pond submersibles are made to handle some solids.
Or a cheap harbor freight sump pump, they handle solids, but watch the power use.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Can you put the small pump in a large pot with screen around it ?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Harbor freight right now has 2 pumps for around 14 dollars each and never had a problem with mine clogging and www.pondepot.com has some great prices on pumps .You could put the pump in one of those pond socks not sure how good they are ,since I have never used one .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
not to change the subject but just noticed something on pond depot site.It is called a pond pill barley pill and oxidizer never saw half the stuff there before .I guess they are quick fixes ,but geeze what they are coming up with lately thats new .Other question my neighbors 1 fish turned blue she used that pond dye and one white fish is now a soft shade of blue ,not sure it will harm the little guy or not , Should she take some of the water out and replace with fresh to reduce the color blue or is the fish going to be fine .We had a good rain last night and blue color seems lighter today .She only added a tiny bit from the bottle I can see .Or just try to filter more out with a stronger pump and a second temporary filter set up with quilt batting or just leave it go .I can loan her 1 of mine .She ordered new one from pondepot but will not be here for at least a couple of days

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
I want to thank you all for your help. I did find a pump at Harbor freight for about 20 bucks. Had to take the first one back, bad pump but the second worked great. I bought some half inch tubing, made a T formation under the top rocks with two spillovers and used brass ball valves to control the water flow. Put the pump in a flower pot as ordered and removed the filter since I already have a main filter. All in all about 45 bucks was spent and it works great.

Video is below. Thanks again to you all!!

Ask a Question