Need advise please

janine9620

janine
Reaction score
WE got a used system, that the previous owner installed for us: Ultima 2 2000, and a sequence pump 750 series, also a UV sterilizer. He fitted a retro bottom drain with two openings (basic shower drain looking) prob, 3" each, into 2" pipie t'd into a flex 2 inch pipe into the pump. All made with white PVC. This is the prob: to mask the PVC I wrapped underlayment around the piping through the water and over the side, to mask the bottoms drains I layed a black rubber mat over it with a plant on top to keep the whole sytem down. The ends get blocked fairly quickly and the drain is placed where to clean it I have to get in to do it right, or at least pull off the plant, the matt, and pull up the flex pipe and clean, everyday. This does not seem the easiest way to hadle this? Could I T the pipe and outfit a section to go to one retro bottom drain, and possibly another going to a an inpond skimmer? Any thoughts would be very helpful, I got this system to make life easier, but it's more work than when I had my DIY submersed filter system going????help:bowdown:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I think we can help ...post a few pics of the prob ..it will help us

janine9620

janine
Reaction score
I will get some pics up...in the meantime this is more important probably. I'm registering Ammonia. It is sitting at .5 to 1.0. I did at least a 20% water change, and added starter plus, which is suppose to eliminate ammonia. Ck'd water again and got the same reading. The fish are swimming around and acting fine. My system is used, and we did clean it out about 1 week ago...well. All my other levels were normal, but I have no nitrates or nitrites, so I'm thinking my good bacteria isn't established yet. This is a new pond bout 900 gallons, with 17 fish, all small but one. I knew the load was a lil much, but I went with a bigger system. Do I just continue the water changes? And how does that effect the bacteria process? We have a UV also, seems like I should turn that off? Any thoughts?:banghead3:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Janine
If you are feeding the fish , stop for a while until your filter gets going,
remove any exess leaves,and change some of the water until it gets under control

Ask a Question