Need help for a scratched fish

rdk

Reaction score
My large goldfish got stuck in my clay pipe. When I tried to remove him he scratches his scales by his nose. I have some anti-bacteria fish food should I feed all the fish and him in the pond. Do I have to remove him from the pond. What should I do? RDK

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
The anti bacteria food will not hurt may help, you can try adding some non-iodized salt to the pond. and Monitor the area for redness and infection. In most cases they will heal on there own. If you start seeing fungus or significant redness then you may want to remove it and treat separately.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Can't hurt as long as you add the proper de-chlorinzer for your area and be careful to add the water slowly so as not to shock it. Keep in mind it's already under great stress, you don't want to stress it any more than it already is.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had one of my koi get into my floating planter rings and get stuck. He had lost a couple of scales and the area was red. I gave him the medicated food and 2 days later, the area is looking much better so will not have to isolate. I keep the medicated food on hand just for this reason.

rdk

Reaction score
The pipe he had was a full 8" wide. He just could not back out of it. I must have a really big goldfish. If I find something 12" I might try it again but right now I am in no hurry, to go through this again. RDK

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
rdk said:
The pipe he had was a full 8" wide. He just could not back out of it. I must have a really big goldfish. If I find something 12" I might try it again but right now I am in no hurry, to go through this again. RDK

Can you get one open on both ends a swim through pipe?

rdk

Reaction score
My large goldfish has healed in just a few days with the Anti- Bacteria fish food. Wish I could heal so fast. RDK

Ask a Question