6b
Country
United States
Hi Addy
I paid wirh credit card.
Thank you very much for the idea.
Do you buy your fishes on line?

Ted
Keep records of when you contact them, emails, text messages you can send the CC company are great evidence.

I bought my fish from a hatchery close to here. I have never bought any on line. I do not have koi. Prefer my shubunkins.

Ted

Reaction score
Country
United States
Need more advise.

Hi All,

One more looking not good now, the symptom is about the same like the one that not made it.
Losing tail, on the bottom part.
Than losing balance and die within 4-5 hours.

Can anyone advise me what medication I should get ? Should I add anything to the water? Like salt or medication? I am so hopeful that the rest will make it and now one more is dying....

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

Ted

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Australia
Need more advise.

Hi All,

One more looking not good now, the symptom is about the same like the one that not made it.
Losing tail, on the bottom part.
Than losing balance and die within 4-5 hours.

Can anyone advise me what medication I should get ? Should I add anything to the water? Like salt or medication? I am so hopeful that the rest will make it and now one more is dying....

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

Ted
I would not add anything. I would continue to assume the problem came with the fish. I would quarantine any that look less than normal. If it doesn't eat then quarantine it. If it has skin defects quarantine it. If it is losing balance quarantine it. I would assume that the ones that have survived this long are resistant to some degree to the disease. If it was the water they would all be dead now. Keep a rigorous effort up to remove them to somewhere else before they die and as soon as they look suspect!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Australia
Thank you Ray and Jhn for your input

I will measure the exact size of my pond today and post it here. I thought my pond should be able to fit 100 koi
So Ted did you get a chance to measure the pond? Based on your photo I am guessing that maybe 5 large koi would work in the longer term. Why it is important to not be near the limit with a pond is that if ever there is a power outage and the pump stops then if the pond is near the limit then water quality will drop rapidly.

Ray

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ted, you originally listed pond size as 20x30x3. If that is correct you would have 10,000+ gallons. Picture doesn't look that large.

Ted

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hallo Guys,

I was out of the country and just come back. Sorry for the late respond.

I just made the measurement again it is 21' long, 15' wide and 3 ' deep. That is the pond size.

The filter area is 5' X 8'x 4' deep. Do you count the water in the filter to measure total gallon?

While i was away, 8 more fishes died and from then on, everything is normal and healthy.
They grow so fast , it is like more than twice the original size.

At one point while i was away, the algae grow so much.
It is due to the very hot weather we have here.

The ph reading is 8.7 during the day and 7.7 in the morning, is that normal, they flactuate like that?

I have about 40 left right now.

Ted

Ask a Question