Need to cut back

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the best place to post so please be patient.

The pond is getting ahead of me and I need to cut down on lawn, garden and pond upkeep.

Stopped having fish. Even got a quote to take the stones around the pond out and fill it in but just not in my budget at this time.

Looking for less time consuming tips. Thinking of filling the pond after a cleaning, no fish, some plants inside and outside the pond and turning the falls and filter off at night.

Hate to see it go but it is time. Any thoughts you care to share will be appreciated.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
How big is the pond .I know I am doing the same and wish I had gone pondless .You really do not need to clean the pond ,just add peroxide and get a swimming pool net .

Reaction score
Will peroxide damage water Lillies?
How would I use a swimming pool net. Do you mean a skimmer?

Thanks and good luck to you.

NowI'm researching pictures for ideas on plantings around the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Would you enjoy maintaining it as a water garden? I don't know the size of your pond.....I know I've admired many wildlife water features / ponds.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
peroxide if put in limited supply just adds oxygen .I use a swimming pool net that I got at lowes .I add about half a cup of peroxide to my water lily pond which is 5x5 and a little over 2 feet deep and it has not killed them since 2014 when the lily pond was built .Only thing I add besides is a mosquito dunk because they can get bad around here in the sporing with all the rain and with water laying in ditch's it can be bad

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been slowly getting rid of my fish but the koi are another thing since they are over 2 feet long.There are only 2 of them aggie and bert

Reaction score
YesI would enjoy maintaining as a water garden. Also going to update the area around the pond with something other than perrenial flowers. Thinking along the lines of azeleas, hydrangea, etc

Ask a Question