sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought the one on e-bay that a lot of others bought and got 45 watt one for my pond .It puts out a little bit to much for my pond ,but my guess is more is better than less for koi .I keep one for just aggie her personal bubble bath .She just loves to swim into the middle of it and stay there .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had a problem with that too and I went by the psi .The one I bought has a rating of 5.8 psi but saw now e-bay has a nicer one with the air disc's and airline and rock cover for 145 for fathers day sale

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
problem is shipping is high 21 dollars tinys pond world .The one I bought had an outlet for multiple air lines but no turn off 's for the ones your not using had to get one from a friend and then borrow his air hoses ( borrow sure he knows me by now )I found the hydroponic ones are better ,I had one with that bladder thing inside and hard to get replacement and not cheap sometimes ,Piston ones are better a little noisy but you can resolve that by hanging it up rather than setting it on something .I like the pondmaster ones but hard to get parts for them except from the company here in V.A and not cheap either but if money does not matter they are good .Airstones for ponds not cheap either

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh maybe I'll just stick w/ the cheapo aquarium air pumps I find at garage sales or thrift stores eh?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had 1 for 3 years paid 20 dollars for it and it finally bit the dust .

Reaction score
FWIW, I got the biggest one I could find thinking I had a big pond (15K gallon) and I ended up with a model that produces 160 liter /minute. It comes with a diffuser for 16 airstones, and really, its way too much lol. I have a 20cm airdisc in the pond at ca 1m50 depth (~5 foot) and I have to throttle it back or my pond looks like a hottub, and I have 7 or so small airstones in the biofilters that look like boiling pots of soup.

One thing though, use thick airlines. Those tiny ones for aquaria will greatly restrict airflow. I had those first and was terribly disappointed at the result. Then I moved to 11mm lines and wow.. bubble baths everywhere.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
thanks will look for the thick air lines...........I just grabbed the fish tank ones.

Ask a Question