sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen that one here and just a American name .Thinking of a 12 inch .The air hose I got you can get an air ring for it but it is expensive and the air hose was free from a friend who had a piece left ..

Reaction score
well, one thing I dont like about it, is that it breaks the water surface, making it much harder to see your fish. Even if I limit the airflow it produces a lot of waves when its at maximum depth. Much more than I was expecting.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh but I bet the fish love it and you can put it on a timer .I usually do not run my air pumps during the day only at night when the rates are cheaper .This way I can also see the fish during the day .If I see anything like the water turning color then I turn it on during the day

Reaction score
I bought the aerator primarily for my biofilter barrels. I want them to be on 24/7, so putting a timer on the in-pond airstone(s) would require some trick. Ill see what it gives once I put in place all the airhoses/stones in my filters and once my pond is full. I might just put a "regulator" on it to limit airflow, or put several more such discs in it, though I suspect even if I put 10x each would create a similar fountain of air, so that might not be a good idea either :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
more air less problems I found in my pond added more air to this pond when I built it and what a change from first pond .I think the koi like it better too .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have the same one, it is working great! lots of air. Have the same air stone, or maybe one that looks very similar, lots of air

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I could not beleive how good it does work just got mine a little over a week ago .The other 1 the stupid bladder or whatever you call it was going on it ,but did last me 4 years

Reaction score
Dont you find it too noisy? Box talks about super quiet, spec sheet I think mentioned 65dB, however much that is.. but it makes as much noise as.. dunno, muffled lawnmower or something. Actually, wikipedia claims 65dB is the noise a handheld electric mixer makes. Probably around right. Its in a shed, but can still hear it outside.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used the handle hung it from a stake and put a cover over the top and on all the sides even though it is under my deck .Doesn't make any noise when you hang because the noise comes from vibration not the aerator

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hold it up by it's handle and you can tell where the noise comes from ,even though it has rubber feet the unit vibrates I used 2 heavy duty rubber bungee cords to hang it on the stake no noise then.The heavy black rubber bungee cords

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have mine sitting outside by the pond, a cover over it, put some rubber below the feet, a little foam insulation in the cover, lots of air flow. Do not really hear it now. You are right sissy, it is quiet when you hold if off the ground, it is the vibration.

Reaction score
hmm.. lifting it doesnt help much, as its already on very thick sound isolation foam (that I bought once to experiment with as filter media).

Oh well, its not too dramatic, but something to keep in mind before buying.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
guess yours is not the same brand as mine when I lifted makes almost no noise at all .The 2x4 with a point cut on it was pounded into the ground and used to rubberized hooks and the rubber bungee cord to hang it and now cannot hear it all only the sound from the waterfalls .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't hear mine either. But it looks just like the one in the link.

Ask a Question