New Book

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to get a copy of a book by Nigel Craddock called still waters its a fantasic book of colour photos of koi ponds and koi themselves.
Its a first edition gold embossed book that if what I read on Peter Waddingtons website them there koiyas was listed by one of his members as being worth or so he says 1,000+ USD .
If he's correct I'm smiling all the way to the bank lol, as I purchased it at only £39.95 P&P.
Which if my calculations are right from USD to the English pound is the book would be worth £500+
However I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, I'll be looking into his further but if I'm right it proves that Amazon is a site to look at if your wihing to buy goldfish , koi and fish heath books most are very reasonable .
For £9.95 I've just sent off for the first volume of the Associated koi clubs of America which proves my point.
If your willing to learn you dont have to break the bank to buy good quality used and new books far cheaper than you could buy at a book store.
Not only that if like us you get into collecting fish/koi/fish-koi health books like ourselves you'd soon build up an impressive collection and be able as we do to point out good books for everyone from the newbie to our respective hobbies right up to the expert and everyone in between.
It will also help in the health matters of both your pond and fish.

rgrds

Dave

Koi Books_small.jpg

PS since taking this out of date photo, weve added another 10 books, 12 with these next books or so taking the number up ro 62.
All bought and paid for by the sale of koi that have reached the 22" mark ........
Hoever you can only read at the speed of one book per few weeks enabling you to take in things propperly

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you addy the longest I've ever hunted for a book was Nicholas Saint-Earnes book Advance koi Care for the Veteranarian and professional koi Keepers it took over 2 years.
I kept falling foul of book stores in the US adding a further $30 for credit card transactions a further $30 to send it across the pond plus the price being asked on the book whhich to us was a ripp off of the highest order.
It was sent to me in the end by a lovely lady from Plano in Texas that I'd helped with her sick koi.
I though dont like getting anything for free sent her the Manual of Koi Health, as a thank you for sending me his book.
Amazon though has been a god send which has made up part of our collection saving a huge amount of money.

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
It can save alott of tears if you buy books on fish keeping and know just what you are up against when healtb issues arrive .
We see it all to often where we are called out to look at fish ( not just koi)from folk passed onto us by friends not in our hobby .
Loosing fish is tramatic at the very best of times why open yourselves up to this when with a bit of knowledge you could save your from alott of problems that are not necessary .

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question