New guy

CDC

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, new member here from Socal. Just purchased a home that came with a 6000g pond and having a pond when I lived back in England I was happy to have another.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hi guy ..
socal ,, is that south California ..
6 k gallon is substantial qty water ..
please consider rain fall harvest and cistern
sincerely suggest you add roof top water collection to a cistern [ big as you can manage]..

i am on the Cumberland river and have plenty water , however , it costs , 20 $ / 1000 gallon . whats your price ? remember in a while the rains will stop and likely water management protocol will be enacted.

generally pond management wants 10% water change out per week . i do not do that

surely if one addressed the water harvest guys they should be able to suggest an optimal size for a cistern .. you know , area available to harvest , optimal size of cistern .
i suppose you could consider the 6k pond as retainment but i would want to bump it up ..
just my thoughts

good luck

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and more info on your pond .What kind of fish and does it have a filter and what are your plans for it .Hope it was not neglected

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
i am on the Cumberland river and have plenty water , however , it costs , 20 $ / 1000 gallon . whats your price ?
PondMutt Hmmm... In Chicago water is less than $4 for 1000 gallons.

Welcome CDC and good luck with your pond!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@CometKeith Does that include a sewer charge? In our town, water itself is cheap, but they add a sewer charge to every gallon which triples the per gallon cost. We've finally been told we could put a separate meter on our outside water - even though it would take us years to recoup the cost of installation we're thinking of doing it just on principle.

Ask a Question