addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So are we, luckily just a spit and it did not stick, but is cold here, chill factor of 23

Reaction score
So are we, luckily just a spit and it did not stick, but is cold here, chill factor of 23
Yes it was in the upper 20s yesterday and now 49 and sunny. Looks as if no lows under the 40s the rest of the week. Fingers crossed ;)

Reaction score
image.jpg
Dry fitting a few blocks and playing with bottom drain ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
only thing if you are going as deep as you say how will you see in and enjoy the pond

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not really saying about depth but that height with his patio he will not be able to look down at the fish and I am guessing he still wants it 6 ft deep .He may have to go less deep to keep the height of the whole pond down

Reaction score
Not really saying about depth but that height with his patio he will not be able to look down at the fish and I am guessing he still wants it 6 ft deep .He may have to go less deep to keep the height of the whole pond down
Yes actually considering 4-4 1/2 feet and my house is 4' above the patio so sitting at my kitchen table it's a clear shot :) and the LED waterfall feature will be above the edge of the pond. ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
most times 4 is good as long as you have back up for any emergency or bad weather .I even bought a pond heater after the 2010 winter

Reaction score
most times 4 is good as long as you have back up for any emergency or bad weather .I even bought a pond heater after the 2010 winter
Yes I am going to use a pond heater with this application we ran electric yesterday and buried the conduit. 4 gfi outlets on there own 20 amp. Circuit :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
My pond is 7' deep and I can see my fish and bottom.
Did I read this right your pond is 7 ft deep wow talk about overkill .
A pond anything deeper than 5 ft deep is considered a waste of water in the koi world here in the UK , I recall reading something about it many moons ago that the fish simply dont use those extra few feet DoDad in your observations is this true?
sissy provided ZenZilla carefully insulates his pond 4 1/2 ft is plenty fine in reality its down to the sort of winter he gets .

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question