New Koi Pond Change in plans

Reaction score
Still digging lol wow clay is so fun... I almost forgot how fun it is ;)
image.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have the red clay and found wetting it made it easier to dig .That really looks dry and amazing since you had all that wet white stuff melting

Reaction score
I have the red clay and found wetting it made it easier to dig .That really looks dry and amazing since you had all that wet white stuff melting
Now we are getting some rain so I'm sure that will help loosen it up and yeah I was very shocked once I got down about 12 inches it just completely dried out and now I'm in the gray clay

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It has came down hard here all night and finally let up 2 hours ago .I have a lot of shale i hit at 3 1/2 ft down

Reaction score
Gorgeous weather untill Monday so I am pouring footer this weekend for the cinder block walls and setting up the forms tomorrow:)

Reaction score
I have one of those Laguna pumps in the small existing pond and even though it is kept off the bottom by a concrete block, in the last month I have had to remove it and clean it a dozen or more times!!!! They tend to clog easier than the other two pumps in the pond (one larger flow rate and one smaller flow rate). Something to be aware of as the holes in the outer are small which is probably why they clog easier.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
View attachment 68499 Almost ready for concrete ;)
Looking good. You may already know this but you will want to put support legs or make C clamps so the 2x6's do but bow out, on that length they can move. Also I would put rebar in that also laying flat, you could have a frost heave because you are not below the frost line, it will help hold it all together if you get movement. Not trying to tell you what to do at all, but it is my trade so just offering advice.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The power jet pumps in laguna brand clog easier because the cage openings are smaller .I have a max flow laguna . The energy savings really helps .I have a 2900 gph and a 960 gph and thinking of buying the 1500 gph

Ask a Question