New member, old pond

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I HAVE A LAGUNA AS WELL WITH THE QUICK DISCONNECTS.... THEY DO FUNCTION GREAT. AND THEY SELL THEM SEPERATELY. I THINK THEY SHOULD BE THE INDUSTRY STANDARD FOR SUBMERSABLE PUMPS!!! BUT YOU CAN CONNECT YOUR TUBING/ HOSE TO THE PUMP WITHOUT USING THEM. THE PUMPS COME WITH 2 EZ CONNECTORS.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is they are not cheap and if you order online you usually have to pay shipping .Even on amazon and webbs .I was going to check places around here like the pet stores and stuff and see what they cost .Since I have the none working pump I at least have 2 .Have you had it awhile koiguy and has it held up well .I saw they have a Y one also .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Spent many a happy visit to the US with the Navy oldsarge , did you ever get across to the UK whilst you served in the US army my friend?
If so what did you make of our quiant little Island lol

Dave

Reaction score
That is what worried me the tabs on the one I have seem flimsy and since the ones for the hose are not the greatest was wondering about this over time .How old is your pump .That is why I started the pump and filter post so people could let every one see and understand what works and what doesn't .Pumps are so confusing these days watts and head for same size gph run so different

I've had it 3 or 4 years. I have to admit I don't clean it often so the quick release doesn't get used that often, but it really goes on and off smoothly.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well at least it gives me some idea .I was worried that from the pressure of the pump it could come loose

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums. I hope you stick around, I would love to see how your pond looks this spring with things warm up.

Ask a Question