Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
:regular_waving_emot:regular_waving_emot:regular_waving_emotPond nuts lol

Reaction score
Maybe if the water change process were back breaking, I wouldn't be so apt to overdo it.

I have an extra pump, and 15 or so feet of tubing so... I just plug it in / water my outdoor plants. Then premix the new water in a new plastic garbage can, & plug the pump in again to put the water in the pond. :regular_waving_emot

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
LuLu said:
Maybe if the water change process were back breaking, I wouldn't be so apt to overdo it.

It is a lot easier to change water in a puddle :regular_waving_emot

Seriously larger ponds like larger aquariums can actually be easier to maintain. As for the digging, that is why god invented the backhoe.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
HTH said:
It is a lot easier to change water in a puddle :regular_waving_emot

Seriously larger ponds like larger aquariums can actually be easier to maintain. As for the digging, that is why god invented the backhoe.
God invented that interesting LOL:lol::lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing sissy, love my backhoe. Used it to put in 35 plants yesterday, in just an hour or so

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh have those 3 trees to put in and that's going to be a job .Darn shovel little red lawnmower and cart all I have .I can just see you addy sitting back suffering for me LOL

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh I am sissy, if I had to dig each hole we would have a lot fewer plants, hard to get down even 6 inches.

Reaction score
Sissy... still been watching my water parameters like a hawk, approximately every 12 hours. The only trace of ammonia showing up is what's in my tap. Nitrites still 0. Nitrates have actually been slowly dropping. And that's AFTER removing the BioBalls from my filter and replacing them with more rings. My BioBalls are currently weighted at the bottom in mesh bags awaiting addition to my veggie filter (once my bigger pump arrives).

Howard... DEFINITELY! Gimme a cpl years to level up/gain experience points (ha! Sorry... My son's a gamer...) and I'll be ALL OVER the creation of my next/bigger pond creation!

Reaction score
Glad to hear everything is better! Lowering nitrates is nice. Usually means your plants are able to keep up.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
LuLu said:
Howard... DEFINITELY! Gimme a cpl years to level up/gain experience points (ha! Sorry... My son's a gamer...) and I'll be ALL OVER the creation of my next/bigger pond creation!

My bet is that you will have a spade in the ground next spring at the latest. No crystal ball required here. The pond will settle down. You will fall in love with the plants and fish etc. Sort of like boy meets girl.

A good friend started with a small preformed. I think he expanded it 3 times in 3 years. When he got done it included a stream and a bridge. Quite nice.

Howard

Reaction score
UPDATE: Fully (over)stocked, and my biofilter didn't skip a beat! Only noticed a small rise in nitrites, which wasn't even enough to get alarmed about, & it very quickly resolved itself without a water change. Water again tested 0.25 ammonia (which is what's in the tap), no nitrites, and no nitrates (which have slowly been falling from 10 since adding water lettuce) within 24 hours after adding the newest fish! *happy dance* My water is still perfectly clear, and it appears that goldfish romance is already taking place. ;)

One itsy problem, that's not even a problem right now, is all that I've noticed. I'll explain I get back online tonight. Thanks again for all of your insight. I appreciate it more than you know!!

DIY veggie filter is in the making as well. :)

Pics and maybe a lil' vid to follow tonight!

Thanks again!!!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you will get there slowly but surely .Just think every year it's staring over .I want spring here but then I know starting the filter up and getting it working is sometimes a nightmare.Going to be a fishy grandma

Ask a Question