New Pictures

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thank You! I am planning all kinds of additions, changes at this point. :) Like many others here, I am always thinking about "What's next" LOL.

I have the little round patio/sitting area to right of the pond with a flower bed behind it. I think I want to put some pergola up there and plant some wisteria to help shade it. There is also the mimosa tree I planted this spring which will help shade that sitting area and the pond. Then I want to add a little waterfall that flows in a small lotus pond in the flower bed behind the sitting area. That should create a beautiful full shade oasis. Which will be nice in the yard that has had no shade for years :)

H

humbirdlover

The transformation is amazing! Picture postcard perfect :) you have a good eye for what goes together. I love going thru these threads and looking at all the beautiful ponds. Your island looks so natural :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hello All! Haven't been around for a while, busy in the yard and down on the property this summer. I see my little Honey Bee won the photo contest, good for him he deserves it, all the work he did keeping my flowers pretty :)

The pond has had a great season, no maintenance other than topping her off and cleaning algae from the falls here and there. Crystal clear water all summer, and happy fish, can't complain. I am going to do my annual fall muk out the pond event tomorrow. Just scoop all the gunk off the bottom and toss it into the garden. Then trim all the lilies, they are going quick with nights in the 40's. I normally wait for October, but have to have surgery on the 2nd and will be out of commission till Thanksgiving so I figured I better do it now, then pull the pumps around Thanksgiving.

Here are some pictures I took today before I start the work. Last summer pics of the season :( But winter brings a hole different "pretty" to the pond :)

DSCN3059.jpg

DSCN3058.jpg

Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous pecan :) I am sooo jealous, I so want to take up the whole yard with the next dig, lol but don't think hubby is to fond of the idea :rolleyes: lol Maybe when I start digging with the trackhoe, I can just do a " woooops" with the bucket :D several times!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Fishylove it never ends LOL

I really, really, really, really want to pull the liner and dig the pond down to 4 - 5 feet deep entirely, getting rid of all the levels... Imagine the work! After completing the pond and planting, it would be like starting all over and then what to do with the fish in the mean time... I keep telling myself "NO, if you ever have to replace the liner, do it then" but I don't know how long I can hold out from myself LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pecan your pond looks so beautiful the way it is. Are you wanting to make it deep cuz it freezes deep there? If you have no problems the way it is I would just enjoy it. Liners can last for many years and that would be a heck of a lot of work if you really don't need to do it. Keep holding yourself back from doing it, you can be strong :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha, she may want to but maybe her other half don't want her to. I want to hear what he says about her idea.
Me thinks she be in for a spanking :chair:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Pecan your pond looks so beautiful the way it is. Are you wanting to make it deep cuz it freezes deep there? If you have no problems the way it is I would just enjoy it. Liners can last for many years and that would be a heck of a lot of work if you really don't need to do it. Keep holding yourself back from doing it, you can be strong :razz:

No just want it deep so it looks like a big dark pond. With the water so clear I don't like seeing the layers so much LOL. Not a very good reason is it... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ask a Question