j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lol, on your next hubby :LOL: By layers do you mean the different shallow depths or plant ledges? If it bothers you too much then just add more floating plants and potted ones too all around the areas. If it were mine I'd leave it just the way it is.........it's perfect!

Reaction score
Everything is looking so inviting and comfortable.My wife tell me about this to see and i see really nice...
Love it when it rains!

Reaction score
All your wonderfull pictures have me suffering from pond envy. All I could say on each one was WOW! Your plants look great too with the variety in types and colour. Simply stunning.I see you have a substantial flow over your waterfall. What size pump and type of filter are you running?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks everyone.

Marcus, I have a 6000 GPH pump (was my only pump the first year) split into two hoses, one going to a 100 gallon skippy and the other hose going directly to the pool at the top of the falls. Then I added a second 2000 GPH pump last year with a hose going to the second 75 gallon skippy.

TMan, It is just a sheet of the pink insulation foam they sale at Home Depot. ($14 for a sheet that is 4' x 8' x 1.5"). I used a jig saw to cut the shape I wanted. Then used the jigsaw to cut some large holes that fit pots and some small holes for bare root plants. Eazy Peazy :) The pink fades over time and actually looks a lot like the natural red rock we have here. I have creeping Jenny planted bare root in mine that covers the top in by summer time.

Ask a Question