New Pond build, At the Log Cabin

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice pics of all your babies! The goat families are really growing and they're just so cute! The poor pups look a little sad, though.... Too much competition? And that black chicken (rooster or hen?) is gorgeous -- he looks like one of my cats!
LOL, Doggies were all waiting for some left over liver for dinner. They were sad because I was taking to much time with the camera and not hurrying up with their snack time. Black one is a rooster, That's a Silkie, he's super sweet and one of our favorites, trying to locate a nice hen for him now.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Man O Man Larkin you have come a long way. I remember way back when you were dreaming about all this farm living and giant koi ponds and now look at you. You have everything you ever wanted in this new place of yours. Congrats on living your dream. And where the heck you been for so long. We missed ya :)
Hardest working Dream I ever had. I hope my days of dreaming are over, I can't afford to dream like this but once in a lifetime. LOL Oh and you wonder where I've been. LOL, taking care of the farm, working full time, preparation for the Koi show at the end of the month, preparing for spawning season. Facebook, Garden Pond forum, The pond forum, Koiphen, email, diecast crazy, the goat forum, chicken swap meets, etc. etc. etc. Been kind of hectic and staying busy! LOL I've been on and around, just not as active on here as I once was due to limited amount of time to check through everything each night.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good for you keeping so active and I can tell you love all that you are involved in. Love all your critters and you have a lot to show for all your hard work

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Such a beautiful variety of colors and styles in your chickens. Love the splash of color when they are all together.
With the goat babies, I see 2 that don't have horns yet. Maybe they are younger, or are they polled? I see horns on the other older babies, so guessing you choose not to dehorn, huh? It's a nasty smelly yucky thing to do, but then no horns to ever have to worry about injuring each other with, or getting caught in a fence. Can you tell I used to dehorn dairy goats?
My favorite koi are the pic before the group of your dogs, then the last pic. You have some outstanding specimens, to say the least. I would LOVE to go to a koi show. Where is the show you are going to end of this month? I guess I need to check on-line to see where the closest show would ever be to where I live, maybe St. Louis (2 hours), probably Chicago (4 hours). Good luck!!! And, thanks so much for sharing your "spring" with us. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Cutest little baby goats I have ever seen!

My sister picked up some exotic chickens last year and the first night a coyote broke in and got them all. Poor chickens :( She got more though. They have all kind of things on the ground and with wings try and eat their chickens. Do you have much of an issue with that?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Picked up some new gals to add to the herd. All four were born May of 2012.
#1 Sanke Probably the best overall quality koi in the herd
#2 Hi Showa
#3 Shiro Utsuri Named Elsie II
#4 Kohaku Named WWK#5
#5 Group shot of the Sanke, showa and Kohaku to compared the size differences. All five 9 months old at the time of taking
#6 A picture of Scott Purdin, Bill and Maureen McGurk owners and operators of Purdin koi farm in the process of catching WWK#5
I think this is similar to the fish someone else is looking to buy

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
]
DSC06532.JPG
DSC06515 (2).JPG
DSC00692 (2).JPG
DSC06464 (2).JPG
DSC06460 (3).JPG
DSC06471.JPG
DSC06470.JPG
DSC06412.JPG
DSC06400 (3).JPG
DSC06401 (2).JPG
DSC06500.JPG
DSC06505.JPG
DSC06513.JPG
DSC06508.JPG
DSC06506.JPG
DSC06496.JPG
DSC06497.JPG
Been a while since a update. Some of the new Koi and updated pics of the ponds. Also the new patio pavers I just installed around the lily ponds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Love everything! Never saw your lily ponds before, so that was new to me, love the pavers you surrounded them with. And, that waterfall, cascading OVER that large ... is it a curved rock or what is that? Would love to see up close pics. Maybe I missed them before. Love that! Your place is more than a showcase .... it's HEAVEN! Love your tropical lilies in bloom. The purple one I think I got from you last year, didn't survive the winter. I have NO luck keeping plants over winter, for some reason. The yellow ones I got are getting ready to bloom. One I left outside, the other in the basement. Outside one is larger plant, and has the bloom. :) Thanks for sharing your heaven with the rest of us. Always something aspire to.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Larkin, looks great. Are those purple elephant ears in your bog to the left of your waterfalls?
Todd those are Black Magic Taro. yes they are almost solid purple. I also have chartreuse Mojito Taro which is lemon lime and dark green speckled. They both love the bog!

Ask a Question