New Pond Build

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
We had almost 20 inches of rain in two days! It usually happens at least once a year in spring here but while it was pouring I noticed that a lot of the water was rushing in from behind my yard and flowing to the pond.

callingcolleen1 said:
Ugh is right, I hate caved in walls! Thank goodness my soil is heavy clay so not to much moving, but I did fix the top side of wall on part my bottom pond a couple weeks ago, water seeped there from overflow and caused side to move. If you have enough liner left that was not cut away, try making an overflow spillway to carry the excess water from pond well away from pond foundation, like a dried creek that overflows during heavy rain....
I spent the better part of yesterday building a retaining wall to divert the water flow away from my pond. Now I will work on a trench for overflow and hopefully this solves everything. As much as I love building ponds this one has been a pain in the butt lol, I just want to sit, relax, and enjoy it...

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
We had two tornadoes miss us by 10 miles. After the next town over literally got wiped out by a tornado about 5 years ago I invested in a storm cellar and I have definitely never regretted it! Especially after Joplin MO got that F5 two years ago also, we live right outside Joplin on the state line. I think I've used the cellar more in the past two weeks than all other 4 years that I've had it though.

We spent most of thursday night and Friday night in it. I hate it down there also (hot and claustrophobic! lol) but at least I know We're safe.

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
Just made a quick video of the pond. I finally got the water clear and tests are good. I still have to hide/fix the wall, you can see liner on the right side but I am going to wait to make sure heavy rains are finished for awhile.

If you look to the bottom left side of the pond @ 30 seconds you can see my new Koi that just came out of quarantine to swim with the big boys!

Thank You koiguy1969 for the video help!

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
addy1 said:
very nice
Thanks!

I put this together last week to hold extra plants, I also put some hyacinths with eggs on the roots in and already see a few little fish in there!

1052508_3290052986486_884649193_o.jpg

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
I took a quick video of the pond today. I think I'm going to have to start feeding some of the hyacinths to the fish finally. Water is still clear and testing about perfect!

Ask a Question