New pond build

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't know how you guys do it in the cold climates. If I can't wear shorts year round I won't make it.
I got used to it!..I use the cold time to fantasize about what I will do the upcoming Spring...I call it my "meditating time"!
smlaughing3.gif

I don't know how I wound up living in the Pocono Mountains, but it's my homestead now, and I'll probably never leave.
Kinda like the way I feel! Yes the winter is long and cold, but I feel at home here, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We had such a great dry, warm Summer this year and I do hate to see it go but our Fall's and Winters are usually pretty mild so not much sub zero stuff. One winter it did get to 6 below. All ours and 4 other neighbors pipes froze inside all along the outside wall of our garages! Fixed that problem now, no thanks to the builder. All he would have had to do was put the pipe insulation around the pipe inside the garages.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There is something relaxing about winter. I don't love the cold weather, but the snow is pretty when we have it. And I do appreciate the time to focus on some indoor projects that pile up when I'm busy outside the other three seasons. Plus I use the down time to plan and prepare for the first signs of spring!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep they say Lazy days of Summer but hey they don't know what they are talking about.............Winter is lazy time..........no weeding, no mowing, no nothing, well maybe we might get a little snow to shovel for an hour but the rest is just walking in the rain and visiting friends and family................oh forgot about cleaning the house........yuck!

Ask a Question