New pond construction. The Water Garden Pond

Reaction score
He goes ALL OUT on the lights for HIM... With the cheap system he had, music simply played from the unit itself... NOW (as of last night) he has a sign in front of the house telling people what radio station to put on.

I dont even want to think about a truck up on blocks... the first one ton dump truck we bought, he used to drive around with a fully decorated, LIT UP christmas tree in the bed... it was on a pallet, so when he actually needed to use the dump body, he would just pull it off with the pallet forks. The first couple of years, the police used to pull him over on a regular basis... not because anything was wrong, but they wanted to know how he had the lights wired to work LOL. With the 10 wheeler, he just has a "lit up" Merry Christmas, (the type you would put on your HOUSE) and a wreath (of course decorated and lit up too)... Somewhere in the computer I have a picture of that... will post it if I can find it LOL.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope you can get a video of all his Christmas lights this year so we can all see. And if you put it on youtube video we could even hear the music if you set up a radio nearby w/ that station running for the recording or you could just sing. Hey we don't ask for much :razz:

Reaction score
LOL... I'll just leave my truck running at the end of the driveway... He only has one song programed so far... took TEN HOURS to program the first song... part was he had to learn the program., but the program gives him complete control for every note of the song, and exactly how the assigned light string responds to that one note... have to run an employee home in a few minutes, if there is room on the disc, I'll grab it on the way in...

Reaction score
This is only a test view... he has part of another song started (THX Robot Power Test Intro), and then a real song (TSO Chrismas Eve Sarajevo) starts about 50 seconds in, which the camera disc missed the last part of the finale LOL. AND there is road noise... FAR from done... still has more lights to get up, candles arent even in the windows yet, but you'll get the idea...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OMG, Cape, does that go all evening or night? How in the world do you sleep? And, who would notice any candles in your windows! That's amazing what he has done with those lights! Good for him. I love seeing Christmas lights. I have just a few in front of my house, and at this point, I'm pretty much the only person who sees them. LOL That's ok, cause I put them up for ME!
When I was married, I lived in a 2 story house, and used to get the extension ladder up to put lights all the way up the peak, and a star at the peak. I always joked that the ladder always shook too much. Of course, it was me, I was afraid, but I loved the lights that much to keep doing it. Until one year in the neighboring town, a lady fell off her ladder hanging lights on her house, landed on her head on the sidewalk and was killed. That was the last year I put up lights that took more than a step ladder to reach. I still put them up on the dormers on the roof, as I could walk on the roof, but no more up the gable in the front tall peak. Now, I don't even have a peak, just the straight run of the low side of the roof, but that's fine, my 8' step ladder works perfectly. :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow that is fantastic and you say he's not even close to done...................man can't wait to see the finished product.....................wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cool :claphands: :boldblue: :banana:

Reaction score
OMG stay off that ladder! I painted the front of the house, and let me tell you I was petrified paiinting that high... I was shaking soooo badly... soo then, being the smart person that I am, thought a distraction would help... moved the i-dock outside so I would have music... ummm... I almost fell cuz I was DANCING as I was painting up there! What a dumb ass I was LMAO...

Anyways, no, the lights are only on for a few hours or so each night. Here;s a video from last year with the other system. It only has 6 channels, no controll of what blinked when, and the music came out of the unit. With this unit, there are 16 cannels, complete control down to every note, and the music plays through any FM transmitter within half a mile of the house on the station he programmed it to...

Reaction score
Oh, and from 6-9 pm, we have a constant stream of people either parked in front of the house, or at the end of the driveway:)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wow glad I never did that .I would not have the patience for it .He must really love doing it and would have to after doing all that work .

Reaction score
but does it mean anything that he insisted on taking me to get my nails filled today... so he could come home and program some more and not feel guilty???

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that could very well be a sign of guilt but hey as long as you get something out of it and he is happy and you don't have to clean any of it up then who cares :D

Reaction score
LMAO. In the last year and a half, he has only gone with me three times! and he even came in! But doesnt he end up getting something out of it twice??? I mean he has me for eye candy too... hehe... but he has been working on it all day, except for while we were gone for my nails, and to get a kid to/from work... anyways.. enough about lights and nails... where's Larkin? want more pond updates!

Ask a Question