New pond construction. The Water Garden Pond

Reaction score
Cape the one I just got at that plant auction is an. Acer dissectum Inaba shidare. I too will be planting it near a building, because I am stubborn too :D

Wendy, that is another favorite. It will most def mound, but will go UP faster then out. Do some research on how to "bend/train" the top/main stalk as it grows.

Reaction score
Okie, I surely will. I can't wait to plant it in the spring, but for now I have to settle for plopping it in the ground in its pot lol

Why do you have to wait til spring? It is getting cold yes, but "Fall" is the best time to transplant most trees.

Reaction score
Oh, cause where I want it to go, I need to bring topsoil in. That and I have to get my hubby to move his crap :D

I was going to say for one little tree, you could just get a few BAGS of good soil or potting mix, but the "crap"... well... that does present a problem... tell him to move it, or you'll plant a tree on top of it LOL.

Reaction score
Larkin... I would say men are some of the worst HOARDERS... but in fairness, hubby usually finds a use for all those odd things he saves, and in some cases, it is rigging something for me! I only usually complain when his stuff is filling up my center island in the kitchen (something everyone in the house is guilty of) but when I start to clean it, he complains when I say put it where it belongs... he'll ask where's that... I say basement or garage... and then he'll complain that he wont have room to work there! We have a huge basement and two, 2 car garages... ummm.... find it a home LOL.

Reaction score
Yup, in fact his " stuff is taking up the entire length of the garage and beyond where I want to put another garden area. His "stuff" used to be all over the back yard, but has been consolidated by me to the aforementioned area :D But NOW it time to find a home for all of that.... stuff... So I have more room for my stuff :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I think everyone has a "catch all" place when first coming into the house. Mine is my kitchen table. But, there's just me! And, when I move it, things go to the large folding side table in the laundry room, or at least that's where I put my tool and garden things. When I cleaned that table off in the laundry room, my sister was astounded when I told my cousin to bring her grandbaby in there to change her diaper! My sister envisioned that table full of stuff, as it always was! I fooled her by cleaning it off completely when had lots of company this summer. And, sometimes when you clean those things off, you find things that have been missing. Always a bonus ...

Reaction score
LMAO! So glad to not be alone in this one LOL. Our catch all spot is that center island. When we built the house, I designed in what I thought would be MY perfect baking island... counter is granite, so great for flour/dough/bread/pasta, you name it... it is 4' x 8'... also did bar stools on one side, so perfect for grabbing a snack, or socializing while baking... everyone walking in the house just adds to it (me included)... so about a month ago, we were having a bunch of friends over (12 of us all in total), so cleaned it off... all to the table... not a big deal.. as pretty as the table is, we are just not "table people"... This house is just too active for that... so NOW, the table is still full, the island is full again... because of this coversation, I thought hey, maybe I'll get some of it into homes... walk into the den/office/guest room, thinking I can put some of it on the shelves... hmmm... I guess last night hubby put the 6' step ladder and a window screen in there (he was working on Christmas lights)... Maybe after I finish cleaning the tank filters (2 out of 4 done so far), I'll poke away at it LOL.

Reaction score
OMG... right after I sent my last post, hubby popped in ... told him about this conversation... tell him guess what I just found... brought up the ladder, screen, etc... and he's giving me the but but but... does it make any sense to put it away when he is just going to need it again tonight???? sigh....

Reaction score
I wasnt going to touch the subject of totes... that is a whole different battle... hubby is big into the christmas lights... lights flashing to music... he had an inexpensive program... son bought him a 16 channel LOR (Light O Rama) as an early Christmas present... so he has all that stuff everywhere too now LOL

Reaction score
Ohh nooo!! I used to go all out for Christmas (decorating wise), but when Don and I got married we were thrown into 5 kids and a new blended family. I tried to keep up the first few years, for the kids, but it was just too much work for me ( of course I was the only one cleaning, decorating), at the time, the oldest was 10 and the youngest was 4. I just didn't have that Christmas spirit I used too.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
here there idea of landscaping is a truck or car up on blocks as one day I am going to fix it up and that day has not come and probably never will .I have a guy down the road that finally finished building his shed after 12 years it has walls and a roof yippee .Here yard art moves as in the form of cows and horses . :razz:

Ask a Question