new pond digger from central calif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Suggestion, Susan. When you start a new thread, tag it here, or at least tell us which forum you have posted under. Sometimes I forget to look right away and have to play catch up. That way those of us watching this thread can enjoy your build thread as well. Good luck!

Reaction score
Alrighty. It's still raining a bit but it's supposed to get in the 60's for the rest of the week, starting tomorrow. Wherever the newbees go, is where you'll find me. But I'll title the post "Newbie Bog Builder" when I get started. I already have questions about how to tie into hose that runs to to falls, so I'll probably be back later to start that thread.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Reading your posts makes me wonder where customer care went and the customer is always right .I am glad I built my own pond nobody to blame for boo boo's but me .I left extra liner and any pond builder should know once you add the water the liner will settle in several inches .I marked my liner and it settled in over 6 to 8 inches all the way round .Men think oh you are just a woman and we are the pro's and know everything and we can convince her we are right and she is wrong .sorry men but seen it over and over again in my lifetime .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well anyway or where ever it was posted it sounds like you won and are now on to adding your own finishing touches of the bog and all. Glad you got them to fix it and happy little turtles will love their new home
turtledude.gif

Reaction score
Reading your posts makes me wonder where customer care went and the customer is always right .
Isn't that the truth. It's really terrible, though, when customer care is not really care at all. For example, I was worried about my turtles and thought they had worms. So I took a poop sample to a vet who advertized his practice included reptiles. Well, he didn't know what these things were that showed up everytime my turtles pooped. But because I had taken the sample in at a time when his microscope lense was broke the sample had to be sent out. It returned inconclusive so he said bring another one in, he rep[laced his scope and there would be no charge. When i called to find out, the receptionist said, "the docter said you could give them some medicine but he doesn't know for sure...maybe flukes. Do you want him to call you? Well duh...yeah. I called three times but he never called me.
So I went throyugh the same senario with another vet that advertized the same thing...again they said the results were "highly suspicious". For what?! And recomended I send to outsde lab. Yeah, for maximizing the profit margin. I finally decided to call my cats (no longer with me) vet, who does not advertize reptiles, but is one of the best animal Doctors in the nation having one an award (last year) given to only six out of 35,000 Vetrinarians in the country. She analyzed it and guess what...they don't have any worms or parasites of any kind. They have something called fecalith, which needs no poisonous meds to correct! That's the kind of customer care that can kill.

Men think oh you are just a woman and we are the pro's and know everything and we can convince her we are right and she is wrong .sorry men but seen it over and over again in my lifetime .
And, ditto to that!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I don't know either, just got this small tablet. I got over 3000 Gmails in my mailbox, no one told me to delete, now my tablet is all bogged down, so I have been deleting them one by one.... and it is so slow.... now I find I have to go threw the "trash" can too and delete them from there as well!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Colleen, on my computer (may likely be different on your tablet) I have the choice of deleting all messages, at least on that particular page. Click on the box ABOVE the boxes that you are clicking on for the page, and it should highlight all the messages, then click delete. On my Hotmail, they have a "sweep" button, which deletes all from that source (GPF, Facebook, etc.) by only clicking on one of the items! I love that button. Or, if you have access to a full size computer, maybe delete all your messages like this every now and then. That would take days to delete them one by one! Good luck.
To post a link, go to the page you want to post, whether it's a YouTube, or picture or whatever. Then go to the address bar (where you will see the www..... part), right click on that address to highlight it, then left click and chose "copy". Then go to wherever you want to put it (in your new thread, etc.) and either right click then "paste" or "control V" will do the same thing.
Hope this helps!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I don't have many options on this tablet, had some people look at it and update the tablet for me and I have been deleting them one by one, I still have over 2000 to go, tablet is working better now, just got to keep deleting and it will get better. I can't click nothing, no mouse, just a few boxes on top to "touch" open, none of which do a "quick sweep". Live and learn! Now I delete daily, will get to the end of the pile eventually! :)

Reaction score
Colleen, what kind of tablet do you have? But most importantly, you don't have to down load gmail. Just leave it all on gmail servers and read it on the web using your browser.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you go online colleen and put in the name of your tablet it tells you step by step how to work it more efficiently and some can also be plugged into a regular puter and it lets you do all the clean up on the tablet from your puter .They make them easier than they used to be but still can be hard to figure out .Geeze i still get confused between vista and windows 8 laptop

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have an Acer tablet, made here in Canada. I will check it out on line later, putting it off for now, got other stuff to do, and I did already delete lots, and the more I delete the faster it gets. I am going to take it to this lady that I buy lots from at the mall, she runs the place I got this tablet from and she helps me lots, just have to find time to get up there. Could do it tomorrow, but I want to paint but need a new brush and more paint, so I may as well go early in the morning and get my Tim Hortons coffee, yes that's the plan.... :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've got an Acer Netbook (w/Win 7 on it)besides my regular old (2002) Gateway desktop computer (w/XP on it). The little Acer is much faster then the old Gateway and I hook the little thing up to my t.v and can watch all kinds of stuff on it. Love the little bugger! You'll figure it all out Colleen, just takes some time understanding the monsters.

Ask a Question