new pond digger from central calif

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pond42sliders, Nov 11, 2012.

1. pond42sliders

pond42sliders

Oh Ruben, they did silly :confused:. Pond guy was here for half the day...it was a bit awkward, for him more than myself. i acted as i normally wood. but he was the total opposite of what he'd always been before. Not one word of what I said seemed "unimportant" anymore.

But I'm not letting it go to my head, too much. I using that to be creative with my new bog!!

pond42sliders, Nov 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. pond42sliders

pond42sliders

Sorry about my spelling and all. I guess I'm not using my head...how it should be :LOL:

pond42sliders, Nov 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. pond42sliders

CountryEscape

Well, anytime there is a win/win situation, and you are happy, that's all that matters. Now that the issue with the former pond builder is taken care of, we want to see some bog building pics daily! LOL I guess you said maybe a possibility of heavy rain, so hope you get to work on it some and shore it up before the rains come. Your poor turtles, what are they doing in the meantime? I assume they have a nice other space to play in while they wait for their new "digs" to be completed!

CountryEscape, Dec 1, 2012
  4. pond42sliders

pond42sliders

The rain is here, already. But, it will be gone in a couple days and it's not that bad. The ground will be wet but not sloshy soaked and stuck muddy. It hardly ever gets like that where I live. And, when it does it's dried out in a day or two.
    How about, I'll share daily pics for daily tips? I'm gonna need you guys :kruecken: ...I couldn't do this without you and all your ideas. This is my first bog... :ideacyclops:

pond42sliders, Dec 1, 2012
    CountryEscape likes this.
  5. pond42sliders

pond42sliders

Oh, my poor turtles. You know, they probably wouldn't be happy no matter where I kept them...not after having some good ol'e turtletimes living it up in the pond. Especially since they are in the bath tub right now. I'll be setting the tanks back up tomorrow, since it's raining anyways. They will winter in tanks out in the garage. Sad but safe.
    So, when i get going on the bog, I'll start a fresh thread. Thanks for the welcome and all the support...

And that beautiful flowering peace sign...sooo groovy,
    Peace and good Cheers,
    Susan

pond42sliders, Dec 1, 2012
  6. pond42sliders

CountryEscape

Suggestion, Susan. When you start a new thread, tag it here, or at least tell us which forum you have posted under. Sometimes I forget to look right away and have to play catch up. That way those of us watching this thread can enjoy your build thread as well. Good luck!

CountryEscape, Dec 1, 2012
  7. pond42sliders

pond42sliders

Alrighty. It's still raining a bit but it's supposed to get in the 60's for the rest of the week, starting tomorrow. Wherever the newbees go, is where you'll find me. But I'll title the post "Newbie Bog Builder" when I get started. I already have questions about how to tie into hose that runs to to falls, so I'll probably be back later to start that thread.

pond42sliders, Dec 3, 2012
  8. pond42sliders

sissy sissy

Reading your posts makes me wonder where customer care went and the customer is always right .I am glad I built my own pond nobody to blame for boo boo's but me .I left extra liner and any pond builder should know once you add the water the liner will settle in several inches .I marked my liner and it settled in over 6 to 8 inches all the way round .Men think oh you are just a woman and we are the pro's and know everything and we can convince her we are right and she is wrong .sorry men but seen it over and over again in my lifetime .

sissy, Dec 4, 2012
  9. pond42sliders

j.w I Love my Goldies

Well anyway or where ever it was posted it sounds like you won and are now on to adding your own finishing touches of the bog and all. Glad you got them to fix it and happy little turtles will love their new home
    [​IMG]

j.w, Dec 4, 2012
  10. pond42sliders

pond42sliders

pond42sliders, Dec 5, 2012
  11. pond42sliders

pond42sliders

Ok, I'm going over to where the newbie's go. I don't know how to post a link, though.

pond42sliders, Dec 5, 2012
  12. pond42sliders

callingcolleen1 mad hatter

I don't know either, just got this small tablet. I got over 3000 Gmails in my mailbox, no one told me to delete, now my tablet is all bogged down, so I have been deleting them one by one.... and it is so slow.... now I find I have to go threw the "trash" can too and delete them from there as well!

callingcolleen1, Dec 5, 2012
  13. pond42sliders

CountryEscape

Colleen, on my computer (may likely be different on your tablet) I have the choice of deleting all messages, at least on that particular page. Click on the box ABOVE the boxes that you are clicking on for the page, and it should highlight all the messages, then click delete. On my Hotmail, they have a "sweep" button, which deletes all from that source (GPF, Facebook, etc.) by only clicking on one of the items! I love that button. Or, if you have access to a full size computer, maybe delete all your messages like this every now and then. That would take days to delete them one by one! Good luck.
    To post a link, go to the page you want to post, whether it's a YouTube, or picture or whatever. Then go to the address bar (where you will see the www..... part), right click on that address to highlight it, then left click and chose "copy". Then go to wherever you want to put it (in your new thread, etc.) and either right click then "paste" or "control V" will do the same thing.
    Hope this helps!

CountryEscape, Dec 5, 2012
  14. pond42sliders

I don't have many options on this tablet, had some people look at it and update the tablet for me and I have been deleting them one by one, I still have over 2000 to go, tablet is working better now, just got to keep deleting and it will get better. I can't click nothing, no mouse, just a few boxes on top to "touch" open, none of which do a "quick sweep". Live and learn! Now I delete daily, will get to the end of the pile eventually! :)

callingcolleen1, Dec 5, 2012
  15. pond42sliders

gardengimp

Colleen, what kind of tablet do you have? But most importantly, you don't have to down load gmail. Just leave it all on gmail servers and read it on the web using your browser.

gardengimp, Dec 5, 2012
  16. pond42sliders

sissy sissy

If you go online colleen and put in the name of your tablet it tells you step by step how to work it more efficiently and some can also be plugged into a regular puter and it lets you do all the clean up on the tablet from your puter .They make them easier than they used to be but still can be hard to figure out .Geeze i still get confused between vista and windows 8 laptop

sissy, Dec 5, 2012
  17. pond42sliders

Fishylove

They have windows 8 now :huh:

Fishylove, Dec 6, 2012
  18. pond42sliders

I have an Acer tablet, made here in Canada. I will check it out on line later, putting it off for now, got other stuff to do, and I did already delete lots, and the more I delete the faster it gets. I am going to take it to this lady that I buy lots from at the mall, she runs the place I got this tablet from and she helps me lots, just have to find time to get up there. Could do it tomorrow, but I want to paint but need a new brush and more paint, so I may as well go early in the morning and get my Tim Hortons coffee, yes that's the plan.... :)

callingcolleen1, Dec 6, 2012
    CountryEscape likes this.
  19. pond42sliders

j.w I Love my Goldies

I've got an Acer Netbook (w/Win 7 on it)besides my regular old (2002) Gateway desktop computer (w/XP on it). The little Acer is much faster then the old Gateway and I hook the little thing up to my t.v and can watch all kinds of stuff on it. Love the little bugger! You'll figure it all out Colleen, just takes some time understanding the monsters.

j.w, Dec 6, 2012
  20. pond42sliders

Yes getting better, got the mail down to 1100 now! It's much faster now!! May have you ask you for help with it soon!

callingcolleen1, Dec 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question