new pond digger from central calif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
You are one smart woman, P42S!!! I agree with everything you say and did.
Get this. Drove to WI for the Thanksgiving holiday. Toll road all the way around Chicago, 5 tolls. One of them was $2.80, and I swear the lady gave me only 2 nickles for the change of $3!!!! I was driving away before I noticed it. Now, I realize a dime is not much, but if she does that to EVERYONE that day?????? That could easily make her I think I figured around $30/hr!!! Pretty good Christmas money to herself, don't you agree??? I almost reported it, but figured it was not something I could prove. Yep, people are screwing you all the time, you just have to be careful and alert.

Reaction score
I'm like you, CC, I do as much as I can by myself and always have. I've never been married and for the most part pretty much alone. Not the same as lonely...but I am getting kinda tired of having to do it all by myself. I am 57 and disabled (advanced bone degeneration) so it's getting harder to do things. That's part of the reason I built the pond...RR.
But, work, battles and bulls_ _ _ _ life goes on. I'm ready to slow down and relax a little more in my life. I'm not going to run all the way to end...I'm not in a race.

No, just a fricken war!! No word yet...there's a storm coming. So is the rain...
I think I'm starting to get mad. I'm just a peacefull flower child :blueflower: ....that grows on a vine, and I'm gonna strangle this guy. errrrggg

Ok, time to get up and go to the court house. can't sit out by my peaceful, serene and mellow waterfall until I get this done. Hhmmm, Warrior...Flower Child? Sometimes it's a jungle out there!

Peace and Good Cheers,
Susan
there should be a peace sign with the emotioncons :lavalamp:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Susan, They are probally quite cause they are worried and hoping you are bluffing. You will probally not hear from them again. Not to worry, sure you will see them in court. Try not to stress, cause Justice rides a "slow Horse"! Keep smiling and love that big Puppy! :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry you are having this big mess w/ these guys and sure hope it turns out well for you. It sounds like you will give them a run for their money and do everything you can to get them to either fix or pay up. Here this should help a little bit
hippie.gif

acceptance_01.gif

Reaction score
J.W. You make me laugh...lol...that's cool! Peace

I forgot to log out after my last post, and just got back. And, I didn't end up going to the courthouse that morning, cuz it started raining. That changed everything, in my eyes. So, I sent pond guy 'one last email' and sharpened it up, to a point that could not be missed...

It's the Yin in me and the Way of the Warrior...that gets me results like this

bog 2a 001.jpgbog 2a 005.jpgbog 2a 006.jpg

Aahhh...back to my yang side, and the bog building... to be my Flower Child self again

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wait, are you going ahead and doing it yourself now? I thought you were going to make them either do it or pay for doing it, or both? It's going to be extremely difficult for you to ask for anything in court once you do it yourself, don't you think? Maybe it's different in CA, and I suspect it is. Here, you would have to wait out the system, give the owner at least 30 days to comply before taking matters into your own hands. I wish you luck, both with the lawsuit and the bog!

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Country escape is right.

You will have a better case if you do not do more to it.
Now that pond guy can say you made it worse and it will be more difficult to fix or they will be saying that is was not a problem until she started taking it apart and blah blah.

I know you have pics and all but you are fighting the city and the mayor so don't give them ammo or a leg up.

And if you do fix it your self and want to be reinbersered for time and materials send them a notice of your intent and how much your labor and materials are going to be.
They need to be a notice or you could get nothing. And be fair on labor Judges everywhere don't like to here inflamed prices.

Ruben M.

Reaction score
Oh No guys, I have to re-build it myself if I want the bog to have the pvc filter system incorporated. The issue was that the bog broke through the berm because the liner had been cut to short. It wasn't until after that happened that I started searching the internet on how to fix the liner. That led to understanding the differences in the way a bog actually works and how to maximize it's uses. The origonal plan did not include a larger bog, or more important, the plumbing to run through it. They were going to rebuild it, but it would have been what it was before. I would have to had payed for anything more, and I understood that before I started making my demands. Not something I wanted to do.
There were other issues that they were aware of though, but were being ivasive about how/when they would be fixed. Like a leak in the main water line and the float. I got all that taken care of, plus the extra size in liner. And, because the water had sit for a couple of weeks, I didn't want that mess recirculated. Not to mention the fact they allowed dirt even muddy rocks to be put in the pond without any rinse at all. So I had them clean out the pond...thouroughly. And, stabilize several of the boulders that they left loose! Plus a sealed bottle of BB starter to boot.
No, I'm very pleased with what has happened here. I'm just dissapointed that I had to go to this extreme for something that I think was their responsibility...and so easy for them to do. You know what I mean. The Bog is my project and I can't wait to get started. This a victory and celebration! My big issue was just to fix the liner, and from my view...I got that, and more. :claphands:

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
OHHHHHH!!!!!!
Those pics show the bigger liner added on ? and glud they did that or you did.
I am so confused hehehehehehe

It is awesome that you got them to fix the rocks and the leaks and clean everything.
Great job

Ruben M.

Reaction score
Oh Ruben, they did silly :confused:. Pond guy was here for half the day...it was a bit awkward, for him more than myself. i acted as i normally wood. but he was the total opposite of what he'd always been before. Not one word of what I said seemed "unimportant" anymore.

But I'm not letting it go to my head, too much. I using that to be creative with my new bog!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, anytime there is a win/win situation, and you are happy, that's all that matters. Now that the issue with the former pond builder is taken care of, we want to see some bog building pics daily! LOL I guess you said maybe a possibility of heavy rain, so hope you get to work on it some and shore it up before the rains come. Your poor turtles, what are they doing in the meantime? I assume they have a nice other space to play in while they wait for their new "digs" to be completed!

Reaction score
The rain is here, already. But, it will be gone in a couple days and it's not that bad. The ground will be wet but not sloshy soaked and stuck muddy. It hardly ever gets like that where I live. And, when it does it's dried out in a day or two.
How about, I'll share daily pics for daily tips? I'm gonna need you guys :kruecken: ...I couldn't do this without you and all your ideas. This is my first bog... :ideacyclops:

Reaction score
Oh, my poor turtles. You know, they probably wouldn't be happy no matter where I kept them...not after having some good ol'e turtletimes living it up in the pond. Especially since they are in the bath tub right now. I'll be setting the tanks back up tomorrow, since it's raining anyways. They will winter in tanks out in the garage. Sad but safe.
So, when i get going on the bog, I'll start a fresh thread. Thanks for the welcome and all the support...

And that beautiful flowering peace sign...sooo groovy,
Peace and good Cheers,
Susan

Ask a Question