j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't test anymore either as for so many years all is well. I clean the filters and sometimes do a bit of water in while water out to give a refresh for my too many fish pond. Should have built a bog...............oh well, whoa is me :cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Australia
I dont test now either. My pond is mature and stable for all seasons. Have not tested water for years.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One thing I learned from this group that may help you: the number of the pH isn't as important as stability. A little bit low or a little bit high is no big deal if it is consistent. There is a range that is healthy and outside that range is no good -- but in general, a consistent number within the healthy range is just fine.
i have never tested my ph in any of my aquariums or now my pond. the bigger the pond and or tank the less the parameters change quickly

Casbah

Muckraker
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm new to ponding as well, but have never tested either. I did, however, have an established pond with lots of plants and have never had any issue with an over abundance of algae despite my fish load.

I gave up on water clarity pretty recently as I fear I'm fighting a losing battle due to the age and neglect my pond suffered. I just enjoy my healthy fish and clean the filters every two days....

Reaction score
Country
Australia
That was my first thought. It's actually an aquaponics setup, and we haven't gotten any plants growing in it. We had trouble trying to get them to grow at first. I'm going to try to get some going in the system. I just wasn't sure entirely if that was the only thing missing.
With a water that green you probably have nitrate, I guess it would be a good water for aquaponics. However you tried NFT which is not the easiest. I would recommend working with a Flood and Drain growbed instead.

Ask a Question