Christopher Caudill

Christopher
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I'm a new pond owner here in Louisville, KY. Our pond has been going for a little over a month now. This is my second pond install but my first experience with a liner. It's been fun setting up everything, purchasing plants and just enjoying every aspect that goes into a pond. Although I'm worried I'm becoming obsessed with it, constantly thinking I need to tweak a rock or add a plant..or two..or three.

I'm happy with the progress so far and I'm patiently awaiting a lily bloom. Two of the lilies had buds when I purchased them but sadly they failed to open. Since then they've been putting up new pads and a new bud has emerged so I'm keeping hopeful it will actually open.

I've been reading lots of posts and the pictures are amazing. I'm looking forward to learning more about ponds and having an outlet for pond discussion so my better half can get an occasional break from pond talk. ;)

Christopher

IMG_0003.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and believe me you are not the only ponder changing things .We get addicted and then we go crazy .:)I think we inhale to much pond water

Christopher Caudill

Christopher
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for the warm welcome! We got lucky when we were purchasing the rock because they had just received a palette with some fresh moss, it helped give it that established look. Lately I've been enjoying evenings sitting on the steps and watching the fish explore each and every nook.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I borrow rocks from streams and places I go and got my sister involved with borrowing rocks also .Went to Cherokee NC and got a lot of egg rocks there.It is fun to scavenge things from all over .Also makes funny stories to tell people .

Ask a Question