New pond & waterfall build

Reaction score
Country
United States
@tbendl, @addy1, @Hooded Ram, @mrtrumpet, @Tula
Thanks for your reply and compliments!

Looking at the area behind your waterfall, specifically, the dirt behind it, make sure it can't run off into the pond, during a heavy rain.
I built a little berm on the top edge of the top of the waterfall and then created a little 2" channel behind it to divert water towards the sides. Hope the berm is high enough.

I admire your very neat work habits! That is the tidiest work site I have EVER seen! And your pond is going to be beautiful!
Thanks @Lisak1! I've shared your comment with my wife since she thinks I've been making a huge mess in the back yard!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rain started coming down so my weekend progress was cut short. I'm glad I spent a couple hours each night after work to work on the waterfall construction. Should be finished with the build by the end of this week if I continue working on it during the weeknights after work.

Here are some updated progress photos. Waterfall construction is mostly done and waterfall foam has been applied (though I need to cut the excess). Need to complete construction of the pond and will finally get to turn the thing on!

Weekend 3:
IMG_2552.jpg
IMG_2557.jpg
IMG_2558.jpg
IMG_2559.jpg
IMG_2565.jpg
IMG_2567.jpg
IMG_3937.jpg
IMG_3933.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
it looks good , will u use foam to seal it? the way it is , i think alot of water will run from other places too but if u have good pressure u may not notice loss

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Lisak1 @sissy @addy1 @Tula @PossumsDad @Gordo33 @RobAmy @Usman -- Thanks for the comments on the progress so far!

Wow the waterfall is awesome. Post a video of it when you get it running.
I'll definitely post a video of the water running when it's done [hopefully this weekend]. I'll also post the collection of time-lapse video of the entire build (will try to get that video down to 6-7 minutes).

it looks good , will u use foam to seal it? the way it is , i think alot of water will run from other places too but if u have good pressure u may not notice loss
I went through four 12-oz cans of the black waterfall foam -- sprayed in between every nook and cranny I could find surrounding each cascade. I guess a lot of that went towards wasted foam since the foam started rising out of the crevices several minutes after I sprayed it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful! You are an artist! But how in the heck did you get rid of all the dirt?
Thanks Mmathis. A lot of the dirt went into building the cascade and berm surrounding the cascade on the waterfall slope. A lot of the rest of the dirt is to the left and right of the waterfall behind that retaining wall.

Ask a Question