New to forum

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
16x20x2, approx 3500 gallons. Comet goldfish, roughley 3 dozen, 2 dozen put in 4 months ago.I have water lettuce now, and some water hycinths. This is it's third summer. I net it in the fall.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sorry - no help. We don't have a biofilter or a skimmer on our pond. But Meyer will walk you through it!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
You say that this pond is at an elementary school. Does anyone at the school perform periodic inspection of the filter mat and skimmer basket and empty and/or clean when needed or is this done only when there is a problem?
Sorry for all of the questions but I am trying to get a general idea of the complete picture surrounding the operation of this pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
You say that this pond is at an elementary school. Does anyone at the school perform periodic inspection of the filter mat and skimmer basket and empty and/or clean when needed or is this done only when there is a problem?
Sorry for all of the questions but I am trying to get a general idea of the complete picture surrounding the operation of this pond.
I take care of it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Having a slight issue with the waterfall filters, doing their job, but causing the water to backup, and pump out the backside of the pond.This is the first summer I've not had water lettuce, and coupled with a 2600 gph pump instead of a 2000 gph pump....

If you increased the pump gph by 30%, perhaps it's a combination of an out of level waterfall filter and/or waterfall filter that can't handle that water volume.
Try removing all the filter material and see if it still overflows.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Is there any way (easily) that you can lift the back part of your waterfall filter contraption, so the water HAS to go out the front, vs running out the back? Is it possible that the waterfall unit has sunk some in the back, thus causing the water to have more of a chance to drain out that direction? If not, maybe you can make some type of "runoff" area, that when/if it goes out the back, it runs into something (piece of liner, etc.) that will direct the runoff back to the front and into the pond.

Ask a Question