New to forum

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to the Forum, but have had ponds of various (increasing) sizes for 20 years with goldfish and a koi.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
thank you. I moved from Chicago, IL (US) to Florida a few months go (fish came with me!) and am adapting to a new pond environment.
Herons, egrets, alligators ...............lol yep different!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Everyone is dumping the bs politic states and heading for Florida.

Welcome to the forum I love how she added increasing sizes.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the welcomes! I had told my friends that THIS pond was the max size. I think they have "bar bets" going on that. So far, no alligators (Yippee!), but I do have a question for any of you warm-climate ponders. How can I keep the pond cool enough? It's getting hot here in FL, and my pond plant haven't quite gotten big enough to shade more than 25% of the pond. It is sunny 8am-1PM, then shade kicks in. I made but removed a floating "island". Removed it since my big koi (he's fine) beached himself on it (I've already told him, "you idiot"), looking for food. Pond is 8 feet square, max depth about 36". I've got 4 water lilies starting to grow. Thoughts? Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks. We have a high water table here, so deeper isn't much of an option. Maybe a patio umbrella!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
thank you. I moved from Chicago, IL (US) to Florida a few months go (fish came with me!) and am adapting to a new pond environment.
Hi Sarah. Good luck with the move and your new pond! I’m in Chicago but maybe someday my fish and I will move to a warmer climate too!

Ask a Question