New to the forum but have two different ponds

Reaction score
Country
France
Our two ponds have different needs..1 hardly ever has a green issue..pvc moulded with now just one large goldfish..lonesome...
005.JPG

just in view to the right..fish is about 8 inches long or in cms 20...Lillies in there and because
this is a 'now' photo the plants are in rest mode...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcome to the forum run before lps gets its hands on you , sorry i don't have any cool imogees like J.w

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

Like your ponds, poor lil goldfish needs a buddy

Reaction score
Country
France
Welcome to the forum!

Like your ponds, poor lil goldfish needs a buddy
Yes would love to give him a few buddies, but would there be swords at dawn..he was one of three we purchased together several years ago... but wildlife took two around 2 years back....He/She have no idea though...Cheers for that addy1.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @Ponders ! Lots of fun and friendly people here who LOVE PONDS!

Hey... sometimes fish just "show up" in ponds.... not much you can do if THAT HAPPENS, right? ;)

Reaction score
Country
France
this morning around 8.00 am French time,,,nice and clear the inbuilt one as opposed to the
other wooden pond with loads of fish in it...mostly half he size of Lonesome...and green as
the grass,,both have filters, the wooden one is regularly cleaned, the inbuilt one has never
been cleaned because for some reason we buried it in the man made cover up with rocks
for the waterfall..:rolleyes:
006.JPG

003.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You've never cleaned the filter... is that the pond that goes green? And also has a bigger fish load?

Reaction score
Country
France
You've never cleaned the filter... is that the pond that goes green? And also has a bigger fish load?
@Lisak1, cant find where we put in the pump have a brochure as it's a PontecMax Eco guessing the size at 5000, not about to dismantle the rocks to find it..fighting back the grass that's growing better in the driveway than the so called new grass area...enough work to keep the commune going this time of year..
The Green Pond has a Separate Filter Box, also a Pontec Multi Clear....:LOL:... 5000 again I do think it's that size.....multi clear, that says it all;)
the Green Pond get's to have it's filter cleaned regularly, even thinking now while typing... could try daily clean....Loads of fish in this one, started with around 6/8 ish..gold normal fishes.... they have a right ball in this one, could never count them until the water is in a better state...but not talking as much as 50..guessing though...

Reaction score
Country
France
Welcome @Ponders ! Lots of fun and friendly people here who LOVE PONDS!

Hey... sometimes fish just "show up" in ponds.... not much you can do if THAT HAPPENS, right? ;)
I sort of get the joke but as a foreigner I only get simple mind stuff....:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She's not joking fish can appear in a pond where you never introduced them . I duck lands in a brew of baby fish takes flight and lands in your pond and whala, you got fish you never added. same goes for parasites and disease.
O n similar story i was on a job site along only 200 yards from the ocean when i was talking to a couple other guys When a small blue fish dropped right in between us . you can't make this stuff up. oh and for anyone who does not know what a blue fish it . i'll tell you what it is not , it's not a flying fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Nasty teeth on those bluefish.
Brings back memories...
Years ago we used to go out on the charter boats out of Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn, NY. or sometimes Point Pleasant in NJ.
I remember catching some decent 12 - 14 pounders. You had to use pliers to get the hook out or you may feel the wrath of those sharp teeth! You don't want to bleed out when you are a couple hours from shore!

Ask a Question