New to the forum and building my first BIG pond...

Reaction score
that is a big project you have taken on, but the effort you are putting in is clearly paying dividends, you have made a fantastic job on your waterfall, it will look amazing when everything gets established.

Mick

Reaction score
Thanks guys appreciate all the comments, there where quite a few times this week when I was losing faith in myself. Still a little left to do, need to fill in dirt behind the waterfall, and get the yard graded and seeded! I am paying someone for that job though...lol.

Oh and sorry for all the typos in the last post, was using my phone and autospell apparently was not working with me :D.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can understand, been working on this sucker, almost every day, since april. But pacing myself and still enjoying the journey to a finished pond.

Had a good day today the streams and two waterfalls came together pretty nicely, well until we try them out with water, then may have to tweak.

You have done a great job, ours is muddy it will stay that way until you are done messing with it. I have dirt falling into it constantly.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Your looking good !!!
The water will clear up with time

Reaction score
addy1 said:
I can understand, been working on this sucker, almost every day, since april. But pacing myself and still enjoying the journey to a finished pond.

Had a good day today the streams and two waterfalls came together pretty nicely, well until we try them out with water, then may have to tweak.

You have done a great job, ours is muddy it will stay that way until you are done messing with it. I have dirt falling into it constantly.

Addy1 can you post the link to your thread?

bsr8129 said:
that is impressive will look good once it is finshed and it clears up

Thanks, sure hope it blends a bit better once I plant everything...lol.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
mikecoscia said:
Addy1 can you post the link to your thread?

Thanks, sure hope it blends a bit better once I plant everything...lol.

put random rocks, boulders outside the ring of the pond, plant various evergreens and plants among them, it keeps it from looking man made. I also used various sizes of rocks boulders and different colors. Still working on making it look natural! lol

sure

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/pond-progress-started-4-21-10-a-t5885.html

Reaction score
Some updated pictures!

8rf4FB

8rifdJ

8rii97

BP1277

Ask a Question